Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

laptop screen in car?

i got a toshiba laptop that is practically brand new but its fuked so i was wondering if anyone knows of any site or knows how to prep the screen part to use in the car as a tv or to play dvds? i know it will b hard i just wanna know if it is possible

Guest Andrew

i got a toshiba laptop that is practically brand new but its fuked so i was wondering if anyone knows of any site or knows how to prep the screen part to use in the car as a tv or to play dvds? i know it will b hard i just wanna know if it is possible

not really - the LCD driver will be part of the laptop.

o ok. im sure the laptop works it just needs batterys and the cd rom part but i dont know where to get that stuff from

you'll need a 12v ~ 250v invertor too/

o ok. wat ever that is?

yea i found it today on my way to school on the ground its like glossy white brand newish and its got xp and all that so it aint old dunno if it is stolen hu knows, its missing batteries etc i dunno but it would b cool to get working

hehehe "found" the laptop on the way to school, heh, cool dude. B)

If they work the same as a Compaq (which is quite probable) you'll find inside the screen casing a high voltage inverter (or something along those lines) on a circut board which drives the LCD screen. You'll basically need to go through and find out with it in bits how much power is being supplied to that circut from the connector on the motherboard (probably around the right hand hinge). There should be two connectors from the motherboard to the screen, you can trace back from the LCD circuit which wires are your power. No idea how you'd interface the signal.

In short, lots of work, probably more than its worth. If you really really want a LCD screen in your car, go buy something like an Acer which has Svideo composites and all the other connectors already on it, should be about $700-800 and its a damn nice screen.

lol i did find it . it was face down one a grass verge so i was like hey wats this so i looked and it was like a brand new white laptop so i put it in my bag and continued on my way to school

Have you ever thought about handing it in ?

Maybe it is stolen and the owners are missing it .. ??

Just a thought ..

Have you ever thought about handing it in ?

Maybe it is stolen and the owners are missing it .. ??

Just a thought ..

Yup, people are bloody hot when it comes to missing laptops. Any good service agent will start getting sus if y ou go in trying to buy things like a Ac adapter for it.

Ummmm...how the hell leaves laptops lying around b/c the battery is missing...i'd say there's someone out there kicking himself - not that I want to put the conscience trip on ya