Sign in to follow this  
Venatus

Handbrake stuffed?

Yesterday, tightened my handbrake up at the handle, and it was all good, then driving round today a horrible borrible grinding scraping noise has started coming from my rear right wheel whenever the car is moving forwards. It sounds like theres a big chunk of metal grinding around back there.

Can anyone tell me from that what it could be? Im thinking its something to do with the handbrake system, the brake pads on the back are about 4-5 weeks old...

hey bradd maybe we tightend it too much, but when I checked it, it wasnt making contact until a click or two upwards, loosen it a bit and see if it solves anything,

Edited by QuickSilver

You might have a stone stuck in there.

Go backwards and forwards a few times if it dosnt stop take the wheel of and have a poke around.

I took the wheel off right after I posted, had a look around and there was nothing I could see, I also loosened the handbrake a bit, and did a couple small drives with reversing out of my driveway etc and It wouldnt stop.

Then I went to take it up to the mechanics, mainly just a bit worried that it would suddenly lock the wheel up when driving, and It stopped halfway there and I couldnt get it to come back.

My handbrake still wont do much while driving, pulling it up you just feel a little bit of drag, Will probably have to do a full adjust at the wheels as well or something...

So Id say (and hope) that it was just a stone as westy suggested...