Sign in to follow this  
modena87

what should I get for E46 325ci??

Hey guys, im new to this forum.

I'm getting bored with my E46 325ci so im thinking about boosting the performance a little.

Ultimate goal is... just getting the E46 M3 CSL :P but since my budget is stuck at around 3 grand, thought I should ask someone who knows what's best for the money.

I was thinking about modding ECU and maybe exhaust (not for sound, but for performance) for now.

What are good brands for them and what would be the expected power increase?

Please let me know if there's anything I should consider modding!!

Thanks!!!

Welcome :)

Honestly the best performace and tuning for your money would be Gavin @ hi velocity on the north shore in Auckland.He has all the proper gear to tune BMW (or any) ECU's and most important the experience to boot. Dont trust it to a generic chip thats tuned for other countries petrol.

For the exaust there are a few options made ... Im running a supersprint to the factory extractors. In the e46 m54 cars there is a very restictive peice of the exhaust in the middle that is there to cut the noise down but effects you top end performance.

You will have more fun upgrading the suspension in these cars. for a decent set of coil overs you are looking at around 3k ..

the cheapest way to go higher than that is buying a 330i / ci

Welcome :)

Honestly the best performace and tuning for your money would be Gavin @ hi velocity on the north shore in Auckland.He has all the proper gear to tune BMW (or any) ECU's and most important the experience to boot. Dont trust it to a generic chip thats tuned for other countries petrol.

For the exaust there are a few options made ... Im running a supersprint to the factory extractors. In the e46 m54 cars there is a very restictive peice of the exhaust in the middle that is there to cut the noise down but effects you top end performance.

You will have more fun upgrading the suspension in these cars. for a decent set of coil overs you are looking at around 3k ..

the cheapest way to go higher than that is buying a 330i / ci

Thanks alot!! I'll think it through and see what i can do :)