Sign in to follow this  
aaronmartin

Hi people, I have finally bought the car that I have wanted for years, a 2000 BMW X5 4.4i

post-2875-1205444904_thumb.jpg

Only driven about 200km so far, but loved every minute of it, although not looking forward to the first fuel bill :-)

nice mate, they're pretty nice cars! powerful too, not many X5's here, good to see some more!

Very nice! they tick along very well. Put a nice exhaust on there, thoses BMW V8s sound awesome.

Oh By the way welcome :)

welcome.

Nice X5, what are you towing with it?

Guest Simon*

Nice wagon!

Welcome along.

Drive like it's renewable - worry about petrol prices later ;)

Thanks for the welcome.

Ill be using it to tow my boat, its only a ski boat so not very heavy, my old car (Subaru Forester) towed it fine.

And my opinion with the fuel consumption is I might as well use it while there is some still left! Petrol is never going to get any cheaper, and I think everyone should own a V8 at least once in their life!

Guest Simon*

And my opinion with the fuel consumption is I might as well use it while there is some still left! Petrol is never going to get any cheaper, and I think everyone should own a V8 at least once in their life!

Amen brother

Welcome. Big step up from a Forester. Congrats.

quote- I think everyone should own a V8 at least once in their life!

yep amen to that

Hi people, I have finally bought the car that I have wanted for years, a 2000 BMW X5 4.4i

post-2875-1205444904_thumb.jpg

Only driven about 200km so far, but loved every minute of it, although not looking forward to the first fuel bill :-)

Very nice, always wanted one and will someday get one.

Sportpac 4.4 Jap import yes?

Friend of mine has a 03 X5 Sportpac 4.6is in black with the factory 20's & kiwi new, tv, the whole drama. Excellent unit infact!

Very nice, always wanted one and will someday get one.

Sportpac 4.4 Jap import yes?

Friend of mine has a 03 X5 Sportpac 4.6is in black with the factory 20's & kiwi new, tv, the whole drama. Excellent unit infact!

Yep it is Sportpac 4.4 Jap Import, but its been in New Zealand almost 5 years so has pretty good NZ service history. I wanted a black one, but they seem to attract a hefty price premium, and also they seem almost impossible to keep clean. I think the silver with tints still looks pretty good.

Very nice X5, just awsome.

I'm actually keen to get an X5 down the track, would prefer kiwi new, black, sportpac, 20" optionals and preferably 3.0d as a friend of mine has one, he gets better than car fuel economy and 170kw with over 500nm of torque, they're just absolutely stunning for a diesel! Pay a hefty price tag for diesel tho & I also understand no diesels came out from Japan?

Cheers.

Welcome -Sweet Ride. Is that the one from Hoffmans in Palmy?

Yep it sure is, and for the record the guys at Hoffmans have been good to deal with so far, there was a fault with the fuel tank senders the day after I bought it, and they paid for my local BMW dealer to fix it without any argument or hassle.

I'm actually keen to get an X5 down the track, would prefer kiwi new, black, sportpac, 20" optionals and preferably 3.0d as a friend of mine has one, he gets better than car fuel economy and 170kw with over 500nm of torque, they're just absolutely stunning for a diesel! Pay a hefty price tag for diesel tho & I also understand no diesels came out from Japan?

I was also looking at a diesel, but the extra $10k plus that they cost pays for alot of petrol, and after driving both, the petrol v8 is just an amazing drive, so much more power than the diesel.

I know the newest diesel models (twin turbo) ones are now a hell of alot more powerful, but I defintely couldnt afford one of them :-)

I was also looking at a diesel, but the extra $10k plus that they cost pays for alot of petrol, and after driving both, the petrol v8 is just an amazing drive, so much more power than the diesel.

I know the newest diesel models (twin turbo) ones are now a hell of alot more powerful, but I defintely couldnt afford one of them :-)

Haha, nah neither mate, I think they're 210kw from memory, but all the same, the 170kw 3.0d X5 ticks along very very well & I'd say they will have an awesome resale also. Friend of mine has one and gets 1000km to a tank!