Sign in to follow this  
Justlikemusic

HKS F-CON V Pro ECU

http://www.hksusa.com/products/more.asp?id=1965

Will this be OK for my Turbo 327i install? I can pick up one second hand used for a SR20DET for $200... just unsure on the tuning. Maybe I am better off with a Megasquirt which has been proven.

Alot of Australians are telling me to go with something that can be tuned at a shop... like a Haltech/Wolf3D... however I think Megasquirt is the way to go. Just ordering from America is a pain in the...

http://www.hksusa.com/products/more.asp?id=1965

Will this be OK for my Turbo 327i install? I can pick up one second hand used for a SR20DET for $200... just unsure on the tuning. Maybe I am better off with a Megasquirt which has been proven.

Alot of Australians are telling me to go with something that can be tuned at a shop... like a Haltech/Wolf3D... however I think Megasquirt is the way to go. Just ordering from America is a pain in the...

Have you considered "Link" ??

http://www.linkecu.com/

Cheers

Glenn

Nope, never even heard of it. The Megasquirt seems the way to go right now. It's under $300 for what I need. I'll do a bit of research on that ECU. The West Oz dealer is like 5 minutes from my place.

Also... there are always cheap piggyback ecu's on ebay here... there is one there at the moment for like $1 and 1 day left on it with one bid... however, it is to suit a different type of vehicle and a four cylinder. I think they are universal and that I can just reset it back to stockand wire it to my pc?

Also noticed you worked in the industry, what am I looking at in terms of pricing for a Link ECU?

Edited by Justlikemusic

Nope, never even heard of it. The Megasquirt seems the way to go right now. It's under $300 for what I need. I'll do a bit of research on that ECU. The West Oz dealer is like 5 minutes from my place.

Also... there are always cheap piggyback ecu's on ebay here... there is one there at the moment for like $1 and 1 day left on it with one bid... however, it is to suit a different type of vehicle and a four cylinder. I think they are universal and that I can just reset it back to stockand wire it to my pc?

Also noticed you worked in the industry, what am I looking at in terms of pricing for a Link ECU?

NZ$1,000 Check out the link I posted, you can email or phone them...great guys and really helpfull

That's twice as much as a megasquirt, however I'm now beginning to realize it's going to be worth paying someone to tune this for me once it's done. With the Megasquirt I can use someone else's base map then play around with it, however I guess it might be easier to just get it done professionally.

The other option I am looking at is the GReddy eManage Ultimate piggyback style ecu's with ignition and fuel. I think this is basically what I need... the emanage has so many features for a piggyback system, and the Motronic is pretty decent for a factory ecu.

I think this is going to be the most single biggest factor in my build, and due to not being able to find a 325i head very easily, I can tune for 7psi with factory wastegate on the Garret T03 I bought... from a family R33 Skyline sedan with 100,000km's on it. The guy took the turbo off before he even drove it. I also got a wicked stainless 3" Mandrel dump to the cat also... coming together well.

Edit: I just remembered the BIG FLAP... omg standalone It's gotta be I guess.

I will pay money if I have to... however I really like to research for 'the best deal' without being a wanker to businesses ... like we all do. I use to work selling 4wd equipment, and it would sh... me when people didn't buy anything lol.

Edited by Justlikemusic

Megasquirt II w/stim $400

GReddy eManage Ultimate $650

Link I seen most for like $1300~ if they are $1kNZ then thats like $880aud and with its reputation I think it's what Im going to end up with.

Alot of tuners here wont touch the megasquirt also btw. They all recommend Wolf 3D or Microtech mainly.