Sign in to follow this  
metro

E39 528i/530i drivers

Currently driving a 525i m sport and thinking of upgrading to a 528i or 530i motorsport after reading some reviews that rave about them. Wondering though what sort of fuel consumption around town I could expect from the larger engine. Any info would be much appreciated

Currently driving a 525i m sport and thinking of upgrading to a 528i or 530i motorsport after reading some reviews that rave about them. Wondering though what sort of fuel consumption around town I could expect from the larger engine. Any info would be much appreciated

We get about 12L per 100k around town from an E39 530i facelift with 250,000 km on it. Interested? It is for sale but alas, it isn't a M'Sport.

Search the forum for the topic discussing fuel consumption.

My E60 530i, same engine as E39, does 12-15l/100km city driving. Also dependent on the driving style.

What sort of gas mileage do you get out of the 525? out of interest. As most of my running is country and a little town 60/40 say I'm getting 700-750km to a tank, 02 530i. about 9.4 to 10ltr per Try this under General Discussion Fuel Consumption city driving only.

Edited by allan

The 740 gave me 17mpg and the 528iT gives me 20mpg which is 90% city driving.

I cant honestly see the fuel consumption being that much different to be honest. Whats a couple of mpg over the life of the car ?

The 740 gave me 17mpg and the 528iT gives me 20mpg which is 90% city driving.

I cant honestly see the fuel consumption being that much different to be honest. Whats a couple of mpg over the life of the car ?

When i drove down to waihi beach for new years in my car i reset the Fuel consumption computer. The car has been driven around town mostly, and now reports an avg. of 10.1 litres/100 km

i honestly think the greater torque of the 528 530 would offset the capacity...the only way this would not be true is if you spend lots of time stopped and idling.

What sort of gas mileage do you get out of the 525? out of interest. As most of my running is country and a little town 60/40 say I'm getting 700-750km to a tank, 02 530i. about 9.4 to 10ltr per Try this under General Discussion Fuel Consumption city driving only.

Am getting around 480 - 500km out of a tank driving around town. OBC currently telling me I'm travelling 7.2km per litre.