Sign in to follow this  
dunnersE30

Which Getrag have i got?

Quite new to forums so please forgive my noobness! Im doing quite the conversion on my '88 E30 (M54b25TU). Have a gearbox i scored cheap through a mate but unsure of anything beyond it being a Getrag 260. Can anyone tell me anything about the codes on the box? they read 260 0.1346.90 on the side of it and 260.0.106019 on the rear. Any help greatly appreciated

Quite new to forums so please forgive my noobness! Im doing quite the conversion on my '88 E30 (M54b25TU). Have a gearbox i scored cheap through a mate but unsure of anything beyond it being a Getrag 260. Can anyone tell me anything about the codes on the box? they read 260 0.1346.90 on the side of it and 260.0.106019 on the rear. Any help greatly appreciated

std getrag 260 from a e30 325i or e34 525i . does it have teh ali or steel rear gear lever mech??

overdrive box .

std getrag 260 from a e30 325i or e34 525i . does it have teh ali or steel rear gear lever mech??

overdrive box .

It has the steel gear lever, which i believe makes it pre 6/88? Any idea on the ratio? Cheers

Cheers, anyone got any idea of the final drive ratio?

Ok, got it. Just to be annoying, what would be an appropriate diff to match this box? must be LSD as will need to take alot of power

Ok, got it. Just to be annoying, what would be an appropriate diff to match this box? must be LSD as will need to take alot of power

depends on the motor, e30's ran anything from a 2.79 to a 4.10. 325i's ran either 3.64 or 3.73 if thats anything to go off. Generally higher powered cars run taller diffs

depends on what you like .

most 325i run around a 3.73 or so . gives about 2500rpm at 100km/h top gear

but been in a lighter car you could go higher .like 3.64 / 3.46

if you want to it to rev 3.9 or 4.1 . but hard to find in medium case diff

try this web site , enter your details .

and work out the revs /speed , gearing etc .

gearing calculator