Sign in to follow this  
kerrynzl

Stroking a M50B25 Vanos

OK everybody out there [ I need a bit of input here ]

I've got a '94 325 [ vanos ], with the unuser friendly Siemens DME.

I also have a dead 328 [ M52B28 ] engine loom and DME lying around.

What I would like to do is Stroke the 2.5 out to 2.8 [ both have the same bore, & deck height ]

Now, would the Siemens 325 DME run OK with the extra 300cc of capacity???? [ I have heard they can't be tuned ]

The 328 DME is no good as it is EWS II [ my car doesn't have EWS ]

Help from someone knowledgable would be appreciated

Regards Kerry

Ring Wayne Frost at EFI TECH in Auckland

Dont have the number here at home though

Can give it to you tomorrow though

People have been having their DME's tuned on the dyno by Gavin Bellers up here in Aux.

OBD11, e46, even e92 m3 by the sounds of it so I guess you could have him tune specifically for you.

Hi Velocity motorsport I think the companys called.

Thanks for that guys, I'd appreciate contact numbers when available.

What I am trying to build is a low-down trackable torque monsta [ I'm spoiled with the corvette's 659 ft/lb's ]

I am even considering using a T/B and AFM off a M50B20 to get velocity [ BMW already use the 2 litre intake ]

If you do your maths a 328 with a 2.93 rear end pulls the same amount of air at 100kph as a 320 with a 4.10 rear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the subject of my Corvette,

I'm getting a bored & stroked shortblock from Fresno in the States [ they offset sleeve a production block with the correct casting numbers to keep it legal ]

The capacity is 550 inches [ 9 litres ] so it should produce enough torque to compensate for my driving abilities

The engine will be Legal in Historics [ in the spirit of the sport, um ????????? ]

should be fun

Thanks for that guys, I'd appreciate contact numbers when available.

What I am trying to build is a low-down trackable torque monsta [ I'm spoiled with the corvette's 659 ft/lb's ]

I am even considering using a T/B and AFM off a M50B20 to get velocity [ BMW already use the 2 litre intake ]

If you do your maths a 328 with a 2.93 rear end pulls the same amount of air at 100kph as a 320 with a 4.10 rear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting a bored & stroked shortblock from Fresno in the States [ they offset sleeve a production block with the correct casting numbers to keep it legal ]

The capacity is 550 inches [ 9 litres ] so it should produce enough torque to compensate for my driving abilities

The engine will be Legal in Historics [ in the spirit of the sport, um ????????? ]

should be fun

9 litres!

thats only a bit more than 1/3 of a merlin v12!

9 litres!

thats only a bit more than 1/3 of a merlin v12!

Yeah 9litres

A 4.25" stroke and 4.53" bore. we are aiming at 650 to 680hp which is quite lazy [ torqey ]

the engine builders in the states say they shift gears at 7500 with this combo [ drag racing ]

A merlin made up to 2500hp so I'll be way off the pace at 27%HP for 33% capacity.

When Ford made the Merlin for RR during WW2 they started tightening up all the tolerences [ they started getting good performance out of them]

I have a mate in Bakersfield that builds them for pylon racers [ those dudes are brave]

great to see you back kerry..will be interested to see how your going!

Gavin has an excellent quality of work, definately worth a visit north of the bombays once the the engine is done! would probably see some good power gains as well which is always nice.

Corvette sounds awesome....been looking at crate Engines and you can get over 400hp for £3k...its crazy!

My leg is missing your dog!

should be fun

Sounds like quite a build! still going to be as noisy I hope?

Last time I heard it run it sounded like the end of the world was coming real quick.

Built a trailer and got that coupe swapped to the 5-speeder yet?