Sign in to follow this  
cammy83

Temperature Issue in a BMW 318TI

I would like to know whether it's common for my bmw's temperature to go to half when I have been driving the car for a while then back to near the blue part (showing cold) and then moving towards half way a few times?

Is this normal or does that mean that there is a problem with the temperature? I am not sure whether I should get the car checked out for this issue.

I would like to know whether it's common for my bmw's temperature to go to half when I have been driving the car for a while then back to near the blue part (showing cold) and then moving towards half way a few times?

Is this normal or does that mean that there is a problem with the temperature? I am not sure whether I should get the car checked out for this issue.

It should run half way all the time. You could have a thermostat problem. Get it checked. No1 reason for BMW engine failure is always temperature related. Jammed open not so bad, but it may also jam closed= overheating.

Best advise is get it checked out as soon as you can

Cheers

Glenn

BTW....these sort of questions should be in "maintenance"

Edited by botanymotorworx

i agree , just about every engine i sell is to replaced a over heated (cooked engine) ,, faulty thermostats , broken water pipe ,hoses split , water pump leaking , and they say to them selves , just gotta get home instead of calling a tow truck etc . $100 for a tow $2000 for an engine?????