Sign in to follow this  
wild_weston

Newbie from Wellington

Hi All,

Newbie here.

I've owned three beemers to date.

First of all I got a lemon of an E36 320 which cost me an absolute fortune but I still liked beemers so much I got myself a great E36 328i soon after.

After a couple of years trouble free motoring with the 328 I'm now an ardent beemer fan (glad I didn't let that first one put me off) and have now got a new one. Picked up a really nice 2000 330i Motorpsort which is awesome.

Alas, I've now got to get rid of the 328i so if anyone is interested in a great 328i just let me know (I've put a notice in the for sale forum).

Pics of my 330:

post-2940-1207388860_thumb.jpg

post-2940-1207388873_thumb.jpg

post-2940-1207388886_thumb.jpg

post-2940-1207388900_thumb.jpg

And a pic of my 328 that I'm selling:

post-2940-1207388938_thumb.jpg

Would be great to get in touch with other people with a beemer habit.

Cheers all.

welcome, looks like a nice car, 328 is priced well, should sell I'd think, good luck.

Welcome, very sharp e46, congrats.

G/L with the sale of the e36.

Welcome aboard! Nice looking 330i :)

Keep an eye out in the 'Meetings' thread.. us WGTN guys meet up every now & again.. bring the 330i along and say hi.

Laurence.

Awsome car dude, very nice.

Thanks for all of your welcomes.

I'm still loving the 330. Picked it up for only $14k (off trade me) from a really great bloke in auckland. Took it on a road trip to Bay of plenty and had lots of fun on the way back. Ridiculous amount of tourque on these. The 328 was a proper rough and ready drivers car. The 330 is completely different, silky smooth but stilll loads of of power. Very different cars indeed, but both good in their own way.

Yuen, I've got a post on Jatco jerks in the maintenance section. Since you seem quite knowledgable about BMW issues I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

Edited by wild_weston

Yeah - I thought that car was a great deal for $14k. Especially being M-sport and with the nice wheels, ACS mirrors, HID... is the HID factory?

People generally shy away from Malaysian/Singaporean imports as they are reputed to have more issues than their Japanese counterparts. Would be great to hear from you through time on how your car is doing, what has needed fixing, etc. It would be good info for those of us who might buy a Singaporean import someday.

Yeah - I thought that car was a great deal for $14k. Especially being M-sport and with the nice wheels, ACS mirrors, HID... is the HID factory?

People generally shy away from Malaysian/Singaporean imports as they are reputed to have more issues than their Japanese counterparts. Would be great to hear from you through time on how your car is doing, what has needed fixing, etc. It would be good info for those of us who might buy a Singaporean import someday.

Not sure if the HID is factory or not, would assume not. It's had quite a few added extras done such as the pedals, K&N Filter, aftermarket exhaust, mirrors etc.

The steering wheel is off a later model, the seller told me this, only the tip-tronic paddles are linked up. Might get the multi function steering wheel buttons linked up in time.

Only real thing that needs doing is sorting out the rear drivers electric window. Doesn't move at the mo.

Yup, I've heard that malaysian imports can be iffy at times (no worse than the old SA imports though). The previous owner had it from 20k so hopefully all issues have been ironed out (fingers crossed).

Not sure if the HID is factory or not, would assume not. It's had quite a few added extras done such as the pedals, K&N Filter, aftermarket exhaust, mirrors etc.

The steering wheel is off a later model, the seller told me this, only the tip-tronic paddles are linked up. Might get the multi function steering wheel buttons linked up in time.

Only real thing that needs doing is sorting out the rear drivers electric window. Doesn't move at the mo.

Yup, I've heard that malaysian imports can be iffy at times (no worse than the old SA imports though). The previous owner had it from 20k so hopefully all issues have been ironed out (fingers crossed).

If it has writing on the chrome shroud around the projector, for example E46 xenon says 'Xenon', then it's factory. The mods from the previous owner sound good :) Looks like he had taste.

I've heard of the windows on E46 being a common issue, lots of DIYs around I'm sure.

If it has writing on the chrome shroud around the projector, for example E46 xenon says 'Xenon', then it's factory. The mods from the previous owner sound good :) Looks like he had taste.

I've heard of the windows on E46 being a common issue, lots of DIYs around I'm sure.

Had a look last night and they are factory. Bonus.

diy number one

hold switch down and slam door.....

Nice 3 series you got yourself there.

Think I've seen the E36 on trademe? Nice car also!

Welcome to BimmerSport :)

Nice 3 series you got yourself there.

Think I've seen the E36 on trademe? Nice car also!

Welcome to BimmerSport :)

Thanks for the compliments. I'm more than happy with the E46. Had a suprise the other day though. Took it into the beemer garage to find out why the rear drivers side window wasn't working. Pretty obvious in the end - there was no motor in there.

Don't you just love buying second hand cars. Always come up with little suprises like that. I thought (was told) it was a broken switch and now I will have to spring for around $600 for a new motor. Has to be done though as the current position of the window is just a bit shy of the full reach and it lets in a small amount of water when raining/ or car wash. No biggie to me, just unexpected.

I think I'll take it down to the independent garage (page european) to see what their costing is first though.

Sorry to hear that you have got rid of the E60 (nice cars) but good luck with finding a good E30.

No motor! :blink: Just go get a secondhand one mate - should be far cheaper? (Unless the motor is the weak link on the E36, in which case it might make sense).