Sign in to follow this  
drifty325i

E30 Speedo calibration HELP

Hi guys,

Cars going through cert at the moment (finally in known) (gotta love dealer plates ;))

But one of the small problems Ive ran into is the certifier has found the speedo to be off by 9kms @100kph

What could cause this? I'm running the standard LSD 3.73 diff with sensor, 225/45/16s so they are within factory suggested tire diamiters. I cant figure it out?

But in saying that the more i think about it the more i realize i don't think that needs to be certed as its all factory? nothing has been changed.

Any ideas? can you adjust the calibration?

I don't have to for cert but id like to get the tach sorted at the same time. Obvioulsly the input for the tach on my car is for a 6cylinder engine and now its a v8 so it does not read right. Any idears how to calabrate the to? ill probably have to send it into parrotts in chch

Cheers

Riley

Edited by Drifty 340i V8

You'll need to get an instrument repairer to sort both problems. Should be a reputable one down there somewhere. Ask a cop where they get there cars done while hes giving you a ticket...lol :P