Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

LSD?

Hey guys, jacked my car up today in the hopes of finding out if it has an LSD or not. I saw a white "S" stamped on the case. I knew there was a tag somewhere stating S then the ratio eg. s2.91 etc, but couldn't find this.

Just did a quick google and found this thread: http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/sh....php?t=67216634

Foolishly I didn't google before jacking it up and checking for the tag in the location those pics show it as. When the rear was in the air, when turning one wheel, the other wheel would turn the same way (this is when the auto trans was in neutral).

Can someone confirm if I have an LSD or not please, so as I don't have to jack her up again and check for this tag.

Regards,

Ian.

If both wheels turn the same way it probably is an LSD. To confirm that, put it in park and try it again. If you cant turn the wheel its an LSD. If both wheels turn in opposite dirrections it's not an LSD.

Ian, in your work carpark.

Right hand down. Select D, Stomp on the loud pedal (the one on the right). Continue to do so for 15 seconds.

If there are TWO lines going round and round. You have an LSD.

If you'd like help demonstrating this technique. I'll be back in town on the 21st and will be happy to offer tuition.

Ian, in your work carpark.

Right hand down. Select D, Stomp on the loud pedal (the one on the right). Continue to do so for 15 seconds.

If there are TWO lines going round and round. You have an LSD.

If you'd like help demonstrating this technique. I'll be back in town on the 21st and will be happy to offer tuition.

Finally, A common sense answer from a supportive member.

While you're here Cain. How do I find out if Will's 327Eta has a Rev Limiter?

Which pedal do I stomp?

Can I find out if it has a Limiter and a LSD at the same time?

Can I find out if it has a Limiter and a LSD at the same time?

Yes. Whilst doing the first task, if your car sounds like a motorboat warming up (budabudabudabuda), you have a rev-limiter (check the dash and record the level the needle is bouncing for future reference). If it screams like a 2 stroke and then goes bang (with smoke cloud), you didn't have a rev-limiter.

I hope that was also helpful.