Sign in to follow this  
richardsy

HI im new in BMW help i want to make my car look good and spend cheap

Hi to all... im new herein nz, my dream car is a bimmer and my budget just get me into a 318i 1989 coupe. When i bought it it has dents the color is fading, i want to restore it in its original n puts some mean mags. but i have a tight budget hope you could recommend a good panel beater... thanks cheers...

Hi to all... im new herein nz, my dream car is a bimmer and my budget just get me into a 318i 1989 coupe. When i bought it it has dents the color is fading, i want to restore it in its original n puts some mean mags. but i have a tight budget hope you could recommend a good panel beater... thanks cheers...

Where abouts are you located

You might be able to find some good panels off a wrecker or the likes of trademe - depends on where the dents are I guess - do you have some pics?

I have said this before but good and cheap rarely go together - especially in the case of repairing BMW's

Edited by ducatiss

save your money and and don't "puts mean mags on" and spend it instead on maintaining your car so it drives and handles well. then you might actually enjoy it

save your money and and don't "puts mean mags on" and spend it instead on maintaining your car so it drives and handles well. then you might actually enjoy it

Thanx for the advice, when i bought my bimmer i have invested heaps on repairing its torque converter and on its engine, My tachometer doesnt work? will it cost heaps? any idea?

You might be able to find some good panels off a wrecker or the likes of trademe - depends on where the dents are I guess - do you have some pics?

I have said this before but good and cheap rarely go together - especially in the case of repairing BMW's

Thanx for the time, ill post the pics soon.

Yeah mags are old news man, my ride looks pimpin' and its only rolling on 14's

Thanx for the advice, when i bought my bimmer i have invested heaps on repairing its torque converter and on its engine, My tachometer doesnt work? will it cost heaps? any idea?

Probably just need a new tacho or cluster. Contact one of the secondhand parts dealers on here (eg Ray, Brent and others) or look on trademe for a replacement. Make sure you get the right one for your car as the 6cyl cars are different to yours.

If removing the instrument cluster is beyond you then see your nearest dealer or if in Auckland go and visit Glen at Botany Motorworx.

Edited by bravo