Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone here had a LINK G3 installed and running an M50B25? I know they are a wire in job was considering wiring it myself but might get it done profesionally. Are there any extra add ons to consider or will the LINK be wired up using all factory sensors etc? Be good running MAP sensor instead of AFM!

Also what happens with things such as the idle control valve tps sensor etc... are they retained or?

Cheers, Luke

i run a link g3 but not on that type of engine obviously. they can put new link wires in which will cut down the number of wires in your lume considerably. dont know what it wud be like on that engine but iv had no probs and recomend it fully

Yea im definitely gonna go link just been quoted $3100 installed and tuned just hopeing theres no additional costs on top of that cause thats pretty much my limit.. From there i will save for a manifold, turbo, headgasket and bigger injectors. This time im going to do a descent FI job and get the ECU first, the most vital part of it all in my eyes.

Where did you get yours done bro and how much was it all up installed?

Did you ring Link direct ?? The price they gave me was $1100 for a G3 ( not fitted tho ) $2,000 for fitting is a bit steep I think. Talk to Gavin @ High Velocity Ph. (09) 4424451

The guys at Link are great.....very helpfull ... forget who I spoke to now

Cheers

Glenn

Did you ring Link direct ?? The price they gave me was $1100 for a G3 ( not fitted tho ) $2,000 for fitting is a bit steep I think. Talk to Gavin @ High Velocity Ph. (09) 4424451

The guys at Link are great.....very helpfull ... forget who I spoke to now

Cheers

Glenn

Hey Glenn, no I rang the local tuner here in New Plymouth whom which link told me to ring last time I enquired about one. Yea buying the link itself is'nt so bad, fitment and tuning on the other hand works out quite steep. Wether its due to the fact that the vehicle is a bmw im not sure of. Thanks man

Cheers, Luke

My G3 was tuned and installed for $3100 all up as well, i highly recommend them

My G3 was tuned and installed for $3100 all up as well, i highly recommend them

Sorry to interrupt your thread Luke. Question for Riley where did you get your link tuned and installed?

Sorry to interrupt your thread Luke. Question for Riley where did you get your link tuned and installed?

NZEFI in chch, i found them to be pretty good all round , not perfect though. But they do have a better rep than most.

Also Ive been hearing really good things from DHC motorsport, Ive talked to them and they really do no there stuff

Got my link G3 today. Costing me $3200 all up thats for:

- LINK G3 ECU

- 2m Wiring Loom

- Air Temp Sensor

- Boost Controller (Controlled By ECU)

- Installation done by Dobsons

- Full Tune

Heres a pic...

Posted Image

Also Ive been hearing really good things from DHC motorsport, Ive talked to them and they really do no there stuff

Didn't realise DHC did dyno tuning. Is NZEFI dyno at the wheels?

Didn't realise DHC did dyno tuning. Is NZEFI dyno at the wheels?

Its at the hub at NZEFI

yip DHC do tuning :)

So you decided not to sell? Doing turbo instead? wicked

Haha yup im so bad at sticking to something always goto sell my cars then change my mind! Got the turbo will post pics of it on the FI section later tonight

Luke