Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

car wont start

can the wrong fuel filter stop the car from starting/ going ?

changed the fuel filter, when i was draining it, it had some serious "black" fuel in it, which must have been causing some serious problems.

put my 325 filter in the 320, and it started and when for a bit

now it doesnt start at all,

or is this because the fuel system in the engine has been flooded with unburnable crap fuel ?

how would i go about in solving this ? if that is the case ?

Unlikely - crap fuel may cause it to run bad but not so much that it shouldnt fire. Suggest you pull and clean up your plugs. Check spark etc while you are at it, and try again.

Why did you take an old filter off and put another old filter on ???

Put a new filter on and make sure its on the right way. Sometimes when changing filters you will need to start it a couple of times to allow the air to bleed from the system. Remember you just fitted a filter full of air and the fuel rail will probably empty on you too.

If the 325 filter you fitted was not a new one, and you fitted it around the wrong way, you might have filled you fuel rail & injectors with crap.

Why did you take an old filter off and put another old filter on ???

Put a new filter on and make sure its on the right way. Sometimes when changing filters you will need to start it a couple of times to allow the air to bleed from the system. Remember you just fitted a filter full of air and the fuel rail will probably empty on you too.

If the 325 filter you fitted was not a new one, and you fitted it around the wrong way, you might have filled you fuel rail & injectors with crap.

if that were the case how would i go about in fixing this ?

just keep cranking ?

yes probably - when I did mine I had to crank for prob 10 sec (seemed longer) so that fuel could build up pressure. If somehow you have fitted it the wrong way round and your injectors have been filled with crap, then the short answer is that the fuel rail and all injectors are removed and cleaned. From memory (could be wrong here) the injectors have their own little filters in them which may now be blocked.

I think that botanymotorworx raises a very good point re your filter - the right way is to buy a new filter.

Edited by ducatiss

yes probably - when I did mine I had to crank for prob 10 sec (seemed longer) so that fuel could build up pressure. If somehow you have fitted it the wrong way round and your injectors have been filled with crap, then the short answer is that the fuel rail and all injectors are removed and cleaned. From memory (could be wrong here) the injectors have their own little filters in them which may now be blocked.

I think that botanymotorworx raises a very good point re your filter - the right way is to buy a new filter.

Your right with everything there

started putting clues together from when we first got it

took dizzy cap off and had a wee look at the rotor . . . . . black as any thing

gave it a sand, sprayed crc on all the points

fired first time, and away we go.

Well done - You might now need to replace the rotor and distributor cap if it worn. Will make a big difference if it is.

started putting clues together from when we first got it

took dizzy cap off and had a wee look at the rotor . . . . . black as any thing

gave it a sand, sprayed crc on all the points

fired first time, and away we go.

320 running now?

Shame we're pulling the motor on monday!

320 running now?

Shame we're pulling the motor on monday!

haha yeah

well im selling it

so i might as well have it running mint

might have the motor out by monday, your missing out

should pop by on sunday ?

might have the motor out by monday, your missing out

should pop by on sunday ?

My hangover wouldn't let me move that much