hey guys

got quoted a stupid price, but thats repco and super cheap for you

i need a new rotor for a

1987 manual 4 door

320i,

i will probably get a second hand dizzy cap from the wreckers down here

any help?

call gavin at Euro Italian - Euro Italian

he can sort you out with a new rotor, with 15% bimmersport discount his prices are almost unbeatable.

yours will be the rotor with the limiter on it so make sure you specify that when you order.

If yours is the pre-facelift engine (the distibutor is down the left side of the engine block) then a new cap wont be expensive. I was also quoted something stupid by repco but being generous to them, most repco staff are not trained in sufficient depth to know which cap you should have for your particular model. A genuine BMW on is the way to go here and from my own experience pretty cheap.

Edited by ducatiss

If yours is the pre-facelift engine (the distibutor is down the left side of the engine block) then a new cap wont be expensive. I was also quoted something stupid by repco but being generous to them, most repco staff are not trained in sufficient depth to know which cap you should have for your particular model. A genuine BMW on is the way to go here and from my own experience pretty cheap.

it is the pre facelift

i was quoted $50 for the rotor alone !

which shouldnt cost more than 10 i think from auckland ofcourse?

whats the story about the limiter?

it is the pre facelift

i was quoted $50 for the rotor alone !

which shouldnt cost more than 10 i think from auckland ofcourse?

whats the story about the limiter?

Its the one with the rev limiter - where did you get your estimate of 10 bucks from?

Edited by ducatiss

Its the one with the rev limiter - where did you get your estimate of 10 bucks from?

10 would probably be trade price opps

will give Gavin an email any way

Ive got a used rotor and cap lying around that you can have for like $13.50 including postage. Ther've done a few kms but wernt miss firing or anything.

But get prices from bmw and euro italia first, your probably still better off to just spend the money and get a new 1 to save hassles down the road.

Ive got a used rotor and cap lying around that you can have for like $13.50 including postage. Ther've done a few kms but wernt miss firing or anything.

But get prices from bmw and euro italia first, your probably still better off to just spend the money and get a new 1 to save hassles down the road.

can you send me pics of the rotor ?

dont know if it has to be identical

but yeah will check up on monday for prices

cheers bro, set that aside, keen