Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

Headlights

hey,

wanna get all my head lights smoked . . . . ?

leave the indicators for now

who do i talk to ?

pricing ?

You can do them yourself HERE

I think the HELLA ones cost a lot (USD300) + shipping.

thats 300 all up for the lot ?

or per side ?

And then the headlight beam performance will be sh*t!!

I don't think it would be.

As you are not painting the outer lense or the projector, only the plastic silver bit which has no effect on beam performance.

I don't think it would be.

As you are not painting the outer lense or the projector, only the plastic silver bit which has no effect on beam performance.

Yea, agreed on the outer but would be interesting to compare the inners before & after.

Having said that - if Hella do a version of then I am sure they will be no different between light wise

what is the purpose of the crosshairs?

what is the purpose of the crosshairs?

The crosshairs are black and because the lenses are concave, they reflect the black off the crosshairs

I think?

Edited by jeddy

The crosshairs are black and because the lenses are concave, they reflect the black off the crosshairs

I think?

any one in NZ that will do them for me ?

i have engine work i have to focus on and dont really have time to muck some thing up hah

so with the high beam you do not paint any thing

just put the cross hairs in ?

and that provides the smoked look ?

Having done this, I can tell you it actually does not affect performance of your headlight beam whatsoever, its a plastic ring that serves no purpose (as far as I can tell), when I pulled mine apart it didn't even have any chrome left on it, it was just white lol.

Not hard to do, just gotta make sure you re-seal them properly.

Edited by QuickSilver

Having done this, I can tell you it actually does not affect performance of your headlight beam whatsoever, its a plastic ring that serves no purpose (as far as I can tell), when I pulled mine apart it didn't even have any chrome left on it, it was just white lol.

Not hard to do, just gotta make sure you re-seal them properly.

cool.

how many degrees.C did you heat it up to ?

what did you use for the cross hairs ?

paper probably too flimsy ?

You should give Hella a call. Not sure, but $300 USD + freight sounds overpriced. And you need to make sure they are suitable for NZ - the dip is on the wrong side if you get them from a LHD source (like the US or most of Europe). Try http://www.hella.co.nz/?t=33 - never hurts to ask the question, and they will price in NZD.

Bodging headlamps is a messy business no matter how careful you are. Looking cool is one thing, but you do rely on them to see where you are going afterall.....

You should give Hella a call. Not sure, but $300 USD + freight sounds overpriced. And you need to make sure they are suitable for NZ - the dip is on the wrong side if you get them from a LHD source (like the US or most of Europe). Try http://www.hella.co.nz/?t=33 - never hurts to ask the question, and they will price in NZD.

Bodging headlamps is a messy business no matter how careful you are. Looking cool is one thing, but you do rely on them to see where you are going afterall.....

again, i've done this once already and its an easy job and doesent mess anything up.

325_driver sorry for late reply, I think I set my oven to 140C lol, but only kept it in for short bursts at a time until I got them apart as I have no idea of the melting point of the plastic sorrounds. Use some allumium for the cross hair's or thin sheet metal, paper/card/plastic all no good.

can we see a pic of your completed lights fitted mate?