Sign in to follow this  
WarlockNZ

Carsoft

Same thing on ebay australia

Was going to get one just to see if it really works. A lot of feedback on aussie and english ebays some say best gear in the world and some saying its sh*t. Guess some one has to get and try it.

I tried to do a link but ebay not allowing it so do a search in the car section for "carsoft"

Forgot to add price A$107.00 plus A$17.00 postage

Edited by sp8s

well i'll be buggered, it actually works!.

The software showed me all the errors in the car, even allowed me to reset them and provides live data while the engine is running, plus resetting the service lights.

It has a few features i cant use, like programing the buttons on the wheel (i don't have any) and other bits like that.

Brilliant.

I think i may have even fixed my trans issue with it .. LOL.

Now i just need to find another car to plug into and compare the results .. who wants to be my test subject ?? ha ha

Ok tell me where did you get it from?

I am also looking at it so any advice you could give would be appreciated.

A link to web site/ebay etc would be great

And what come with it ie: cables etc

Edited by sp8s

Not a problem .. the software covers the E46

I wouldnt mind buying this too. It covers Mini and Bosch doesnt do Mini yet. I have 2 scanners at the moment, but I also need Mini.

What did it cost you ?? and who did you end up buying it through ??

Cheers

Glenn

Hi mate if you want you can try it out in my E46 318i.would love to see what comes ups in case of any faults.Let me the time.0212509057 can text me .

Cheers

well i'll be buggered, it actually works!.

The software showed me all the errors in the car, even allowed me to reset them and provides live data while the engine is running, plus resetting the service lights.

It has a few features i cant use, like programing the buttons on the wheel (i don't have any) and other bits like that.

Brilliant.

I think i may have even fixed my trans issue with it .. LOL.

Now i just need to find another car to plug into and compare the results .. who wants to be my test subject ?? ha ha

I got version 6.5 off ebay, came with cables and everything.

version 1 pro (covers Minis) is worth 1400 pounds, so i went with the cheap option (bmw only) for $140.

I went over to a Warlocks place to try out his software he just bought ... So I didnt waste any time getting info about my problem

for a bit of back info on my delimar... (sorry its a post I dragged from e46 fanatics) 2nd gear thumps on down change from third on odd occasions.

Sorry to drag this post up again .. but I thought Id shead some light on what I personally think the problem is.

Just for the record: I had the ECU and gearbox GCU reflashed to "latest versions"

The problem only seems to happen when im driving around town ... however if I go for a long drive or go on one of clubs runs and I hammer it its fine. Its stays this way for about a month.

This draws me to the conclusion that its a fault in one of the 'learning maps' of the gearbox control computer. It seems some of you who have had the updates done may just have that "majical" update that has the problem beat. Whats more annouying is there is nothing officail in the BMW TIS about this. Somebody somewhere knows about this problem and has the majic "keys" to it ...

I guess what we need to do is try and write down a register of software revisions.

Another thought is we can always try what the ex-ja p e36 with "jatco" autoboxes have to do .. and perform a GCU reset. Does anyone have any info on how to do this on a e46?

peas.

Posted Image

As you can see the EGS is the module that controls the auto gearbox.

One thing we did do is reset the EGS learning maps .. and what do you know .. I have nil gearbox problems. Only thing is this will only last until my EGS decides to change to the new map.

In the realtime data output from the EGS it did show that I was now useing gearbox control pattern "a" .. which also is of great interest to me ... next time it happens I will record the gearbox pattern and post it here.

the hunt continues.. but at least I now can confirm my suspicions. Im now looking at ways to stop the learn function or to "ban" the offending gearbox map from being loaded by copying the owrking maps over the top of the offending map.

I got version 6.5 off ebay, came with cables and everything.

version 1 pro (covers Minis) is worth 1400 pounds, so i went with the cheap option (bmw only) for $140.

I bought one too, it certainly works however all the fault description were in German (I think).

Almost all modules had fault stored except engine & transmission because mechanic reset it a few weeks ago.

Have tried erasing fault code for Aircon & Airbag but still there.

Is your fault description in English?

Have you tried erasing any fault code?

Hi there, has anyone got one of these in Chch? I'm willing to pay you a *small fee* for using it to diagnose my engine/transmission.

Cheers,

Alex

Has anyone got one of these in Hawkes Bay?

I'd like to have a quick look / play before buying my own.

Yep,I've got one-give me a call if you want to check it out - 0272542604

Mark