Sign in to follow this  
Fen

Latest Sat Nav disk version?

Anyone know the most recent sat nav disk available for the Mk 4 DVD computer (e39, e46 etc. version)?

I just went to see Jeff Gray in Wellington and they say the newest is 2005, which is all well and good and it works perfectly in my UK import '04 Mini, but if there is a more recent one (as seems likely) then I want that.

Thanks in advance anyone with any info.

The most recent is the '05 one however...

News from Hotwire: They should have something out in May/June ... '08 update.

Seems pressure from a few people buying BMWs new in NZ with sat nav has finally got BMW NZ into gear to "Gold disk" the new map version which will include all new road alignments etc etc..

Other countries enjoy yearly updates ... its actually really annouying NZ BMW is _still_ not up the play with this.

hanging out myself for this too

Thanks for the confirmation. Other countries (well Europe) get 2 updates a year. I had Europe 2007/1 in my e39, there will have been 2007/2 and 2008/1 by now I expect.

To be fair though I looked at bringing an RS6 and Audi NZ don't even have a disk for their (far superior to the BMW effort) nav system, so I guess it could be worse. Then again Audi don't sell cars NZ New with nav whereas BMW do, so the least they could do is support it.

I've found that my street isn't on the 2005 disk and neither is the bit of road through the cutting leading into the Terrace Tunnel in Wellington, and I've only had it for 5 hours!

As Josh (Hybrid) said - from my contact with BMW - expecting a new version within the next couple of months or so.

Yep the 05 is current version but getting a little behind now.

On the Audi note - I understand Audi/VW now offer Nav in NZ so mapping will be available. Have also heard that some VW/Audis run the same format disc as BMW so BMW disc works in them, works in the VW Phaeton - not sure what else.

There are also two variants of BMW disc (I have both) the earlier as we are using is CD, the later (suiting E60/90 etc) is DVD & I understand there is more detail on that system, cant confirm as I haven't actually seen that one working.

I also have a couple of Euro discs here & there seems more detail on them - pity they are of no use...

Fen, PM me & I will let you know when update is released.

Grant