Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew

Pics of my exhaust

mine was...but its getting higher....mine was the e30 benchmark...bang on the 100 mm

hah...yeah sure tim....only 65mm isnt the limit! still have no idea how yours is legal

Now I'm confused. Does the exhaust have to be 100mm above the ground or not? I always thought it was only structural stuff that had to be 100mm and body kits, exhaust etc. were exempt.

no the exhaust doesnt...had a warrant guy try tell me that it had to be but if they say that its bs......who cares if it scrapes? its your problem not theirs....same goes for non structural body work (kits n stuff)

Yeah what i thought, BUT... Isn't there also something about its got to be above the bottom of the rim in case of a blow out or something like that?

how often do car rims blow out? and i think your exhaust scraping is the least of your worries in the event of one...exhausts bend

lowering:

if structural items fall below 100mm then the following apply:

If a tyre blows out, the rim has to hit the ground first.(excluding non structural).

Springs must remain captive at all times.

Suspention travel must not be affected.

Bumpstops must be added if needed to stop metal on metal collisions with suspention.

Structural items includes:

car frame

steering componets

suspention componets

Non-structural items:

exaust system

bodykits

nice ground tim.....about dtm tips....i like the narrowish ones....really dont like the dual 3" ones....they look stupid