Sign in to follow this  
chrisvlok

1984 318i, guy says its got a brocken fuel pump

hi all, i am wanting to buy this 318i off tm as my race car, thing is, im not to sure whether it is the fuel pump for sure? he said he was driving around, stopped at a set of lights, and then when he pulled off he slowly lost power and managed to cost off the road. does that sound like the fuel pump? i was thinking maybe the coil's stuffed or something electrical?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=152571048

even if this is major, im thinking its still a pretty good buy to do a engine swap with my 325i. whats your ideas guys? thanks

Could be something simple as DME or fuel pump relay if you cant hear the pump running

hi all, i am wanting to buy this 318i off tm as my race car, thing is, im not to sure whether it is the fuel pump for sure? he said he was driving around, stopped at a set of lights, and then when he pulled off he slowly lost power and managed to cost off the road. does that sound like the fuel pump? i was thinking maybe the coil's stuffed or something electrical?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=152571048

even if this is major, im thinking its still a pretty good buy to do a engine swap with my 325i. whats your ideas guys? thanks

hi

ive had a simular problem in my old e30 320 manual,every now and again would stop for no reason,we put it up on the hoist to discover the earth wire for the fuel pump was stuffed,it would make connect most of the time then sometime wouldnt.not saying this is the problem but its a maybe

Could be something simple as DME or fuel pump relay if you cant hear the pump running

hi, thanks for the help. what is a dme? thanks

hi

ive had a simular problem in my old e30 320 manual,every now and again would stop for no reason,we put it up on the hoist to discover the earth wire for the fuel pump was stuffed,it would make connect most of the time then sometime wouldnt.not saying this is the problem but its a maybe

thanks. i am going to have a look at it tonight, what should i look out for?

DME(Digital Motor Electronics) is the main engine computer relay

Come to think about it that is L-Jetronic im sure & didnt have DME, someone might be able to confirm?.

thanks. i am going to have a look at it tonight, what should i look out for?

sorry for delay,how i discovered this problem was,a mate turned over the car while i moved the wire.

hi guys, thanks for the help, i ended up buying the car, put a new fuel filter and pump in and she's all go. i painted it yesterday with m stripes and took at least 20 kg out. starting to take shape.

DME(Digital Motor Electronics) is the main engine computer relay

DME = the ECU

The relay = the DME relay

2 different things