Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

I want an E30

But what does I get. I'm only really prepared to spend around 1800-2000 & I'll be using it daily to work unless it's icy or snowing in which case I'll take the Touareg 4WD. I've been doing some research on the faithful old TradeMe & have come up with a few potentials... Please post your comments, I'd love to hear them!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-152020868.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=151578200 - needs a bit of work it seems

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-151764749.htm

Those are three that I've found in my local area. Would be prepared to go as far as Christchurch or as far south as Invercargill. Would be great to hear from anyone who has a link to TM with a good car for sale.

Cheers.

Middle one seems like too much of a hassle if you ask me unless you want to fix it up.

Also think the bottom one will go for more than what your budgeting.

I'm assuming your wanting:

Manual

Any engine size?Had a bit of all above(ex 1.6)

Colour?

Etc

The third one seems like the best option.

Why, may I ask, would you bother with driving an old piece of sh*t daily when you have a Touareg and an AMG in the garage? It's like drinking grape juice but having a cellar full of fine pinots.

Middle one seems like too much of a hassle if you ask me unless you want to fix it up.

Also think the bottom one will go for more than what your budgeting.

I'm assuming your wanting:

Manual

Any engine size?Had a bit of all above(ex 1.6)

Colour?

Etc

Would prefer a manual yeah. 318 & above. I like the 318i 2 door tbh. Ticks all the boxes, nice colour, cheap (has been on auction for a few weeks now from memory) Looks the goods. The 325i 4 door would go like the clappers.

The third one seems like the best option.

Why, may I ask, would you bother with driving an old piece of sh*t daily when you have a Touareg and an AMG in the garage? It's like drinking grape juice but having a cellar full of fine pinots.

Hahahahahaha!

I've had a few E30's and love them.

I need to update that sorry. All I have at the moment is the Touareg.

Would prefer a manual yeah. 318 & above. I like the 318i 2 door tbh. Ticks all the boxes, nice colour, cheap (has been on auction for a few weeks now from memory) Looks the goods. The 325i 4 door would go like the clappers.

Go check it out, i'm sure you could get them down a hundy or two.

I'm sure you've already checked it out but just in case

Go check it out, i'm sure you could get them down a hundy or two.

I'm sure you've already checked it out but just in case

You rekon I'd get that car for $1600 pinga? If it was any good and I could get it for that I'd be over the moon! :rolleyes:

$1600 would be fcuking cheap. Depends what sort of a price you put on the cosmetic condition.

You rekon I'd get that car for $1600 pinga? If it was any good and I could get it for that I'd be over the moon! :rolleyes:

Start around $1400 so you've got room to negotiate and point out every little fault. Worth a go

Go the 318i. Goold old M10 engine. Looks tidy.

I'll give the joker a ring tomorrow & take some foldings with me. It's hard for one to refuse folding cash. Or should I take $1400 worth of dollar coins? LOL!!!

Good luck Deeveus, $1400 in gold coins might give the Touareg a bit of a 'slammed' look... ;) Make sure to put them in the right places to even it out.

Cheers jeddy

There's no security or money owing on the car which is a good start. Any of you guys use that txt b4 u buy?

Good luck with it, that would be a cheap buy

It doesn't seem that cheap to me. Looks a tad rough throughout...

I think $1400 is good for that. Sure its got a couple of cracks in dash and rips in seats but those can be fixed quite easy. If it is running good and the body is sound-go for it :)

I'd say put aside a bit of money to replace all the old bits and spruce things up, 'cos the car's more than 20 years old.

I would recommend either a 318 or a 325...I just reckon the 320 is too lethargic to justify fuel costs and usually not as well spec'd.

My 2c

ah I want that biege one, 4 door pre facelift just like my old e30! Oh and I found a 323i on tm aswell its a south African model 2 door with no sunroof and no side repeaers, also comes with the big struts and long range tank. would make a great base for an e30 series car by the way, same as what I used.

ah I want that biege one, 4 door pre facelift just like my old e30! Oh and I found a 323i on tm aswell its a south African model 2 door with no sunroof and no side repeaers, also comes with the big struts and long range tank. would make a great base for an e30 series car by the way, same as what I used.

Are you allowed to put a 320 in the 323 and it still qualify for the series? I thought i heard somewhere it had to be the same engine or something.

It doesn't seem that cheap to me. Looks a tad rough throughout...

I think it's only minor cosmetic stuff. If I get it for $1400 I'd be laughing, 2hundi to do some quick repairs and the machine will look like an M3... Almost :o

Are you allowed to put a 320 in the 323 and it still qualify for the series? I thought i heard somewhere it had to be the same engine or something.

of course - they are all the same body. and the 51mm struts are allowed etc...

I think it's only minor cosmetic stuff. If I get it for $1400 I'd be laughing, 2hundi to do some quick repairs and the machine will look like an M3... Almost :o

Love your sig mate thats a great pic - Where a 4x4 should be :D

Love your sig mate thats a great pic - Where a 4x4 should be :D

Cheers :)

Took me a few minutes to bang that one up, resolution is rubbish on it :(