Sign in to follow this  
silly

Schrick Cams M20

Want to get a 272 Deg cam for the 2.7 litre M20 build.

I can buy from Irelands and others in US and UK but freight is a killer by weight

Anyone have any Aussie Or NZ sources?

Thanks

Brendan

I can buy from Irelands and others in US and UK but freight is a killer by weight

Thanks

Brendan

Dunno about anywhere in NZ or Aus but its cheaper to get one from the States at the moment. Quick calculation is about $450-500US or $420-450UK

Brendan,

I've been considering a Shrick but will probably go for a CAT cam from Quality Engineering in the UK. They gave me a quote a few months ago for a 283 degree for 188 Pounds.

Let me know if your interested as there could be a savings on freight for more than two.

I'm also looking at a set of BTM stainless race headers that would complement this cam. If I buy more that one set I can get delivered to Wellington for around $1,600. including GST and Duty. Check out their web site for dyno results etc.

Cheers,

Murray

Brendan,

I've been considering a Shrick but will probably go for a CAT cam from Quality Engineering in the UK. They gave me a quote a few months ago for a 283 degree for 188 Pounds.

Let me know if your interested as there could be a savings on freight for more than two.

I'm also looking at a set of BTM stainless race headers that would complement this cam. If I buy more that one set I can get delivered to Wellington for around $1,600. including GST and Duty. Check out their web site for dyno results etc.

Cheers,

Murray

How much for shipping tho? Royal Mail was going to be like 100pounds just to get one here

Thanks

Brendan

pm david on bimmersport, remember an old thread where he had cam grind done in NZ.Cheap price.

Insured shipping for my CatCam and chip was 30pounds from the UK.

Im defiantly 100% in for a 272 to go into a m20 2.5 head.

There’s potentially a three way split on postage.

Im defiantly 100% in for a 272 to go into a m20 2.5 head.

There’s potentially a three way split on postage.

Not really...you have the weight factor of 3 instead of 1.

3 in one parcel will probably be a bit cheaper though. They charge on weight & size

Just got to prey like hell someone doesnt drop them...cams dont like that :o

True, I was thinking that after I posted. Maybe they would give us a discount if we brought a few.

True, I was thinking that after I posted. Maybe they would give us a discount if we brought a few.

I'll give somewhere i know that stocks them an email and see what they say

I'll give somewhere i know that stocks them an email and see what they say

I emailed Doug at Turner Motorsport but he's away at Bimmerfest and wont be back to the office for a few days

I emailed Doug at Turner Motorsport but he's away at Bimmerfest and wont be back to the office for a few days

Hi Guys

sorry been busy will reply shortly tonite - dont think we are going to save any $ on postage other going than sea freight as its based on weight

Brendan

I just bought in 1 cubic meter of parts from the states by sea, cost $350NZ. Get a lot of cams in 1 m3. Took 2 weeks.

Hi Guys

sorry been busy will reply shortly tonite - dont think we are going to save any $ on postage other going than sea freight as its based on weight

Brendan

Maybe not no postage but they may give you a better price if you buy a few, can't hurt to try

theres a few places in nz you can get a regrind. kelford cams in chch and cam co camshafts in rotorua to name 2. im sure you have places similar in uk may be the better option

theres a few places in nz you can get a regrind. kelford cams in chch and cam co camshafts in rotorua to name 2. im sure you have places similar in uk may be the better option

Hey Murray etc

Have emailed Irelands today for a 272 schrick cam plus their hi capacity injectors so will let you know. Sea freight might be the way to go....

I'm sure there must be parts distributers in Aussie that will be shrick stockist- buit how to find???

I have googled etc but have come up blank so far.\

Happy to go with anybody if we can save buck

Brendan

Hi all lucky I got onto Franklins who have a shrick 304 deg cam nobody wants that they will regrind so no worries now.

Brendan

Hi Guys

Have got it sorted - managed to get a Schrick 304deg cam here at Franklins reground to 272 deg .

Brendan