Sign in to follow this  
wild_weston

Anyone know the size for a replacement windscreen wiper?

Hi All,

just wondering if anyone knows the replacement size for wipers on the E46, and whether the drivers and passengers are the same size.

My wipers are a bit juddery right now so want to replace them.

Had a look on the back of the packets in REPCO and couldn't find any for the E46.

If you know the sizing please post a reply.

Thanks

Hi All,

just wondering if anyone knows the replacement size for wipers on the E46, and whether the drivers and passengers are the same size.

Had a look on the back of the packets in REPCO and couldn't find any for the E46.

Thanks

You probably only need rubbers. We use quality BOSCH refills and cut them to size . The size we use is 600mm

Be carefull buy quality... alot are plastic....try and get the BOSCH ones from Autostop

Part # BMN610-20

Edited by botanymotorworx

Hi All,

Thanks

I had to replace mine last weekend. The blades themselves had lost all tension and were really noisy - not to mention the knackered refills. $130 for new genuine BMW blades and refills (RH $80+GST, LH $32+GST) from Team McMillan in Auckland. Kind of pricey, but they are so quiet and I can see in the rain again.

If you just need refills, you should be able to grab a sample at Repco or Autostop to check the width and length against the car (they have always allowed me to do this). And as Glenn says - try to use good quality ones like Bosch. Nothing worse that not being able to see in the wet...

Sounds like you and I have got sister cars.....

You probably only need rubbers. We use quality BOSCH refills and cut them to size . The size we use is 600mm

Be carefull buy quality... alot are plastic....try and get the BOSCH ones from Autostop

Part # BMN610-20

Went down to repco today but they didn't have the bosch ones. Went to super cheap auto and they did. They also cut them to legnth for me (passenger side only) and installed. All for $15. Super cheap always seems to be better than repco in my opinion.

Thanks for the Bosch type Glenn. I now have silkly smooth and quiet window wipers again. Probably safe to drive in the rain at night now, could hardly see a thing in the rain last friday night.

Cheers

Edited by wild_weston