Sign in to follow this  
darcy540i

replacement exhaust

Hi,

i am looking to replace stock exhaust on 2001 540i with an after market one. Can anyone recommend where in Auck i can get one for a moderate price??

i am looking to replace stock exhaust on 2001 540i with an after market one. Can anyone recommend where in Auck i can get one for a moderate price??

Why?

Stock is super high quality stainless steel with lovely understated V8 noise

Beautifully crafted and quiet

Why spend money to change something that works so well?

Suggest you have a listen to some of the exhaust setups on utube to gauge possible sounds from different international suppliers of exhausts.

If you have time to make a decision, suggest searching on some of the US e39 sites, the US equilivent of this forum, and check out the classified listings there. I have just shipped a near new one from the US to NZ and the freight was very reasonable. The total cost was 1/3 of what it would cost in NZ. Only issue is that it takes a month to ship here.

A friend of mine owns the pitstop on K-Rd. He is a great guy with good prices. Will give you many options. And hates sh*t exhausts and will tell you if it is.

A friend of mine owns the pitstop on K-Rd. He is a great guy with good prices. Will give you many options. And hates sh*t exhausts and will tell you if it is.

Did re recently come into ownership? I once got quoted a HUGE amount just to cut an weld small pipe into my e30 exhaust on the account of it "Being a BMW exhaust" and that "their different to ""normal"" cars" end quotations.

Just curious.

Suggest you have a listen to some of the exhaust setups on utube to gauge possible sounds from different international suppliers of exhausts.

If you have time to make a decision, suggest searching on some of the US e39 sites, the US equilivent of this forum, and check out the classified listings there. I have just shipped a near new one from the US to NZ and the freight was very reasonable. The total cost was 1/3 of what it would cost in NZ. Only issue is that it takes a month to ship here.

Thanks, i relly appreciate the help. Ive been listening to a number of exhausts. i like the eisenmann exhaust. Which particular e39 site to you use to purchase your muffler?

Thanks, i relly appreciate the help. Ive been listening to a number of exhausts. i like the eisenmann exhaust. Which particular e39 site to you use to purchase your muffler?

I bought an Eisenmann Meisterschaft TOURING with Carbon Fiber Tips. There are 3 different exhausts made by them for the e60 M5, each with a different "loudness" profile. Sport is quiet, Touring is is Medium - 95 dB and the Racing is loud - over 100 db. NZ limit is 95 dB so do some research before commiting, in case you have options in the exhaust for the e39.

I bought mine from the m5board.com. Suggest you do a google for the e39. Maybe a Wanted To Buy (WTB) post in ...

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=213

It is easier for transportation to find a seller based in California (Cal or SoCal) if you want to use the shipping company I use