Sign in to follow this  
HossE36

Ex Hong Kong

Do you think that the same problems as an ex Singapore may occur in a ex Hong Kong due to humidity etc? assuming that is the main problem, electrics etc....

Guest Simon*

I'm no expert but a bloke I know bought a beautiful red E30 Cab ex HK and it was plagued with problems - absolutely terrible for what was (supposedly) a low mileage example. Everyone he took it to was quick to point to the HK factor, rightly or wrongly.

There is certainly still humidity in HK and not many places to really give a car a good thrashing for that matter either. Lots of bumper to bumper idling

My 1 1/2 cents :)

Do you think that the same problems as an ex Singapore may occur in a ex Hong Kong due to humidity etc? assuming that is the main problem, electrics etc....

The biggest problem with Singapore cars is because of the heat in Singapore, most vehicles have the water supply to the heater blocked off. Once you have found where this blockage is and remove it, the sudden surge of hot water into the heater radiator (which by this time has usually rusted) ends up all over the floor of the car.

In my experiance, (and I am a car dealer) you don't strike this problem with Hong Kong cars as the weather there is quite a bit colder.

So what about jappas? It's pretty hot there too.

Just like a Singaporean car, only buy an ex HK if it is very very cheap.

I have only heard bad stories.