Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

german plates

Hey all, now I know this topic has been done a few times, but my searches have proven unsuccessful.

What i'm wanting to know is how do you get the NZ stickers etc for these plates to make them appear somewhat legal. I asked the guy at german plates and he said they don't do them. Now i'm a little puzzled? Can anyone fill me in as to how you go about it?

Ian.

They used to until LTSA got on their back. Now theres no other way to get the New Zealand style German plates.

Damn it...now what do I do?

Just empty your pockets :P

Damn it...now what do I do?

I think if you email the guy at german plates he said he could make the plates and send you the black/blue stickers for you to attach yourself

Thanks for sites Nick021, I dont think I want to buy one from LTSA for godknows how much...haha. jeddy - I asked him if he included stickers, he said he doesnt supply at all.

Low cost method:

White plastic sheet

Scissors

Paint

Cut out the shape you want

Paint it with whatever symbols you want

Put in on the car behind the legally required NZ plate

This is along similay lines to the car I saw in Auckland once that had side skirts made of cardboard taped to the car...

Just get the plates with the Deutschland logo on them... I've had them on my car for over a year and no problems whatsoever.

EDIT: Had one speeding ticket and numerous parking tickets in that time as well... no one's mentioned anything about the plates.

Edited by gannetboy

when i got stickerd the cop said my plates were illegal (germanplates.com) so be carefull not getting the propper ltsa plates , although this is a not very common from what i have seen and heard

when i got stickerd the cop said my plates were illegal (germanplates.com) so be carefull not getting the propper ltsa plates , although this is a not very common from what i have seen and heard

Hey Guys,

Seen similar threads and not paid too much attention so could very well be going over old ground, but has anyone taken the time to look up the law books on this and see if it is in fact law or just police and ltsa bs.

Be interesting to know.......................

Hey Guys,

Seen similar threads and not paid too much attention so could very well be going over old ground, but has anyone taken the time to look up the law books on this and see if it is in fact law or just police and ltsa bs.

Be interesting to know.......................

They are illegal, any plates NOT made by LTSA are illegal

They are illegal, any plates NOT made by LTSA are illegal

Ok...

That answers that one then..................dirty little B*stards I say...................

One further way to fleace the poor motorist...................

How much do they ping you for illegal plates ?

Edited by oldskool

i think it is 150 for plates i got off saying i got them from plates.co.nz