Sign in to follow this  
jarredb

Hello another bmw nut!!!!!

Hy im jarred, just got my first BMW which was bound to happen since the whole family is BMW crazy :D.

I got a 1997 BMW 318is 4 door M spec, unfortunetly it is auto but will be getting it changed as soon as i find an conversion kit :) and got a few other plans for it aswell (turbo).

Glad to finally be a member to this mint site, heard a few good things about it, as some of you might know gavin from hi velocity which is my uncle, is which how i found out about bimmersport.

Anyways hope to meet some of you guys at some meetings which would be great.

cheers

post-3048-1210866035_thumb.jpg

post-3048-1210866339_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum Jarred.....enjoy :D

Cheers

Glenn

Welcome Jarred, enjoy yourself. We'll look forward to seeing the progress with your car.

Welcome Jared, your uncle is the man when it comes to tuning BMW's.

Hi jarred, nice little car you have there.. Is it aubergine? First E36 M3 I ever saw was in that hue, beautiful colour.

Guest Simon*

Welcome Jarred

and nice looking car

E: Nice to have a man on the "inside" with Gavin too ;)

Edited by Simon*

Welcome to Bimmersport, nice E36 4 door, black leather interior??

We have a Boston Green version,(sorta gave it to the daughter) the last facelift 4 door saloon look pretty good.

Welcome Jarred nice e36, i must say Ive always liked that colour on 36s.

Riley

Hi jarred, nice little car you have there.. Is it aubergine? First E36 M3 I ever saw was in that hue, beautiful colour.

Hy mate not sure on what colour it is ay, but ya its not a bad colour, looks good during a sunny day:)

Welcome to Bimmersport, nice E36 4 door, black leather interior??

We have a Boston Green version,(sorta gave it to the daughter) the last facelift 4 door saloon look pretty good.

Hy mate thanks, ya its got the black leather which is pretty much like new. haha ya it is a little bit like a girls car but i intend to change that with yours guys help :)

cheers

I wouldn’t say that, it has a nice kit and is already lowered, first port of call for me wouyld be Trade-Me to hunt out some M3 wheels!

Or some 318i Sport wheels.

Im not sure if anyone remembers but BMW-NZ has a 318i near the end of the E36’s production run, it features a M3 kit and some nice multi spoked wheels. I remember driving one new and it was a nice little car. Was dark peppermint greenish colour.

Edited by Apex

Hy mate thanks, ya its got the black leather which is pretty much like new. haha ya it is a little bit like a girls car but i intend to change that with yours guys help :)

cheers

Na, didn't mean it's a girls car at all, she has sorta taken it as hers.The 4 door M kitted version looks good especially with the M black leather interior incl stitched leather door cards.

I wouldn’t say that, it has a nice kit and is already lowered, first port of call for me wouyld be Trade-Me to hunt out some M3 wheels!

Im not sure if anyone remembers but BMW-NZ has a 318i near the end of the E36’s production run, it features a M3 kit and some nice multi spoked wheels. I remember driving one new and it was a nice little car. Was dark peppermint greenish colour.

That what our 318is was Graham, end of the run M3 kitted, 17" multispoke alloys, twin cam M44 engine.

Edited by mr E34

Ya im looking for some m3 wheels it will look pretty good with some on, but they pretty expensive for factory rims but well worth it.

Na, didn't mean it's a girls car at all, she has sorta taken it as hers.The 4 door M kitted version looks good especially with the M black leather interior incl stitched leather door cards.

Haha its all good, i just get hassled by the misses cause its purple :). but ya they kitted the m spec pretty well.

Ya im looking for some m3 wheels it will look pretty good with some on, but they pretty expensive for factory rims but well worth it.

cheers

Hi Jarred and welcome to the forum.

Is your interior full leather or half leather like my m sport?

That what our 318is was Graham, end of the run M3 kitted, 17" multispoke alloys, twin cam M44 engine.

Nice, always has a soft spot for those.. Especially in that funny green

Yea Bro, OEM FTW ;)

Welcome mate,

There was a set of polished Style 24's on Trade Me a week or so ago, although they were rep's they were bloody cheap. Don't know if they're still there. Pretty interested myself, 'cause one of mine are pretty scratched, and polished looks really good IMO

Cheers

Nick

Hi Jarred and welcome to the forum.

Is your interior full leather or half leather like my m sport?

Its full leather.... looks real nice but when you going around corners sometimes your ars slides all over the place haha but at least it looks great.

Welcome mate,

There was a set of polished Style 24's on Trade Me a week or so ago, although they were rep's they were bloody cheap. Don't know if they're still there. Pretty interested myself, 'cause one of mine are pretty scratched, and polished looks really good IMO

Cheers

Nick

Ya i remember those ones on trademe, ya the guy said he has 2 sets extra for memory, wish i got his number.