Sign in to follow this  
E28 Master of diguises

help installing amp and subwoofer into a E28

Hey guys, just wondering does anyone know of someone good that wont charge that much dosh (or even if you can do it for a box of beer)but the thing is that i live in west AKL so would be good if there is anyone that stays out west too - to help me install an amp and sub? the main concern that i have is running the negative power cable from the engine bay to the trunk of my car, i am a noob to this and need as much help as i can get so if there is anybody that can help me out or can offer their services that would be much appreciated you can either call me home after 7pm on 827 6174 and on the weekends my cellphone 02102236918

ive got the goods just need to put it in the car

Hey there,

You dont need to run the negative to the boot, only the positive.

All you need is a bolt somewhere in the boot that is going directly to the chassis to attach the ground as the entire chassis is grounded

Hope that helps you a bit

Disconnect the battery.

Run a fused wire from the positive battery terminal to the positive amp terminal.

Run a wire from a clean grounding point (connected to the main body of the car, with the metal sanded back) to the negative terminal of your amp.

Connect the remote wire and RCAs from your HU to your amp.

It's pretty easy.. just make sure the battery is disconnected or you'll have a nice fire or a fried HU. Never let the RCA's touch when the battery is connected. Use ring terminals, and make sure you fuse the power wire within 15cm of the battery.

Any problems just ask. Just don't connect the battery with the job half done.