Sign in to follow this  
Keats

17 by 8 tyres?

ive got some 17 by 8 rims for my e36 i wana put 205s on it if possible for tyre stretch... some people go 215 but 205 is possible? n does ne1 noe a good place that will bang these on? iv heard some places dont like to..

also im planning to do 100mls compressed in the back n 65mls compressed in the front with these rims..

ne advice for me?

cheers care_nube

Don't think 215 come in the correct size (as in they aren't close enough to stock in terms of tyre profile combinations) even though lots of people run them, resulting in larger speedo error compared to 225/45/17. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't run the calculations in awhile.

Suggest you go with 225, 205 is what's being used on the stock 15x7" wheels.

Firestone out by the Auckland Airport change them for $10/tyre

ive got some 17 by 8 rims for my e36 i wana put 205s on it if possible for tyre stretch... some people go 215 but 205 is possible? n does ne1 noe a good place that will bang these on? iv heard some places dont like to..

also im planning to do 100mls compressed in the back n 65mls compressed in the front with these rims..

ne advice for me?

cheers care_nube

Hi Keats

Can you please use proper English, grammar and punctuation.

Cheers

Grant

Hi Keats

Can you please use proper English, grammar and punctuation.

Cheers

Grant

And Tyre Sizes!!

here we go all over again :rolleyes:

I think this is prob the 5th or 6th time, maybe I should save this somewhere and then just copy and paste it.

you should be running a 215/45/17 or 225/45/17, if you have the correct offset wheels you wil not get any rub. If you run a 205/40/17 your speedo will be way out, also affects ABS and gearbox. If you must run a 205 use a 205/45 although I'm guesiing your budget prob won't go that far..........

3pedals feel free to jump on board :ph34r: