Sign in to follow this  
Jeddy

e30 Bentley Manual

I keep seeing this mentioned and wondered whats so great about it and whats it all about?

I've looked around can't seem to find one in the local library's.

Is it worth buying a copy and whats it going to tell me that is essential knowledge?

Do you work on your car? If it's anything like the E36 one it's worth buying. Probably the best manual out there.

Do you work on your car? If it's anything like the E36 one it's worth buying. Probably the best manual out there.

Yes and much more planned.

I have a Haynes i think manual lying around is it anything like this?

Better/Differences?

Edited by jeddy

The cheapest I found one was amazon, I couldn't find one at the library either. I think from amazon it worked out around $60NZ with cheapest shipping. Takes a while to come though, they reckon mine will arrive 13 june :S

Hopefully the E30 version of the Bentley is better than the E36 equivalent. I often find they brush over subjects expecting you to work out the fiddly bits for yourself.

"Installation is reverse of removal"? .... That's one phrase I don't want to read again!

The Bentley E36 manual is pretty hopeless on the whole I have found, especially for the M52 engine. I just gave up in the end.

The E30 one is pretty good. Even though I no longer have an E30, I have kept the manual for when I sucumb and buy another E30 to destroy.

Cheers

Grant

I have an e34 Bentley, it's really good, heaps of detailed info etc. The haynes is totally useless in comparison. The Bentley is also about 2-3 times thicker than the Haynes I had. As already mentioned, Amazon ended up having the cheapest I found INC shipping. They said mine would take like a month to arrive but it arrived just under 2weeks if I recall.

I have an e34 Bentley, it's really good, heaps of detailed info etc. The haynes is totally useless in comparison. The Bentley is also about 2-3 times thicker than the Haynes I had. As already mentioned, Amazon ended up having the cheapest I found INC shipping. They said mine would take like a month to arrive but it arrived just under 2weeks if I recall.

Cheers, thats pretty much what i wanted to know.

Looks like i'll be getting myself one then

Hello,

I have the Haynes e30 manual which is helpful but saying that i have found other solutions from searching the internet and they both acheive the same outcome. Also someone posted an online Haynes link for e30, e28, e34 a while ago. Has anyone got an online version of the e30 bentley manual?

Cheers,

Online version on the Bentley E30 manual is unobtainable.

Couple of handy E30 sites:

http://hosting.data.bg/bmw/BMW/E-Books/E30/

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

http://savarturbo.se/~mattias/motor/bmw/Haynes-Manual.zip (haynes dload)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0837603250..._pt#reader-link ( <- read parts of the bentley manual)

Edited by tire

Bentley is king of manuals for e30. Also got mine from amazon. I almost have to get another one as mine is getting dog-eared.

I find the haynes manual quite annoying becuase it covers such a broad range of e30's and does not give you specific information, but in saying that, the pages in the gearbox section in my haynes are falling out from over use lol, the rest of the book is in good nick haha.

Edited by QuickSilver

The Bentley E36 manual is pretty hopeless on the whole I have found, especially for the M52 engine. I just gave up in the end.

The E30 one is pretty good. Even though I no longer have an E30, I have kept the manual for when I sucumb and buy another E30 to destroy.

Cheers

Grant

can you make sure its got some good bits on it again.... ;)

Got my Bentley manual from Amazon today a full 22days earlier than its ETA and on my bday so that was a nice surprise.

Its an awful lot bigger than i expected and very comprehensive it seems.

Got my Bentley manual from Amazon today a full 22days earlier than its ETA and on my bday so that was a nice surprise.

Its an awful lot bigger than i expected and very comprehensive it seems.

+1 Mine arrived like 2 weeks earlier than it said and its a tank.