Sign in to follow this  
RichardM

Damaged BMW 318i Manual

Hey guys,

Okay, so I'm going to have to sell my beloved Bmw 318i.

So yesterday a dutch person went into the rear of my car with his van, I have 3rd party insurance so it doesn't cover this. The damage done is that the rear bumper has been pushed forward, the right side of the bumper srcaps the right wheel when I go around a corner or over a bump. The boot is damage, panel between the boot and bumper is dented and paint has been taken off, and the panel has been pushed forward on the right side, making it over laping each other by like a cm.

So how much do you think I can get for this, how much do you think it would cost to repair.

Its a 92 318i Manual, nz new, 185,000kms.

Went to two bmw part places in hamilton, One offered me $1500 for it and SD European offered $500.

Any other places in Hamilton that might take it? Cheers.

Cheers for anyones help.

Hey guys,

So yesterday a dutch person went into the rear of my car with his van, I have 3rd party insurance so it doesn't cover this. The damage done is that the rear bumper has been pushed forward, the right side of the bumper srcaps the right wheel when I go around a corner or over a bump. The boot is damage, panel between the boot and bumper is dented and paint has been taken off, and the panel has been pushed forward on the right side, making it over laping each other by like a cm.

So how much do you think I can get for this, how much do you think it would cost to repair.

Went to two bmw part places in hamilton, One offered me $1500 for it and SD European offered $500.

Cheers for anyones help.

Are you in Hamilton? Can i have a look?

Cheers

$1500 is a pretty good price. my old written off E30 manual 325i sold for $1600 at turners auctions last year and it was NZ new full service history and in mint condition, bilsteins etc. It only had a bit of dammage in the boot but it had a bent chassie, hence why it was written off.

so i think take it!!

Hey guys,

Cheers for anyones help.

You gotta beware of those Dutchies driving vans...

$1,500 is a bloody good bid. Take it and RUN.

www.moseneuroparts.co.nz - give Mike or Kerry a call, they're on Wickham st just off the end of Kahikatea drive.

Edited by bmw3

Any chance u wanna sell me the hose going from the clutch master cylinder to the slave cylinder?:D Is it a manual E36?

Hey guys,

Cheers for anyones help.

go at the guys insurance , or take him to court etcc.

and yes $1500 is a good offer .

or put it on tard me . might go higher ,maybe because its a manual.