Sign in to follow this  
SIR E30

E30 Headlights

Hey Guys.

I am buying some new headlights as one of the ones in my car (pre facelift E30) at the moment is slightly cracked. Now I'm wondering wether or not the facelift lights will be any better? Would you be able to help me out there?

If these lights are better, would they fit and how difficult would they be too wire up? Does the pre-facelift wiring harness fit onto the facelift system or would it need modifying. I know that the new lights I'm looking at have the little tilt motor as well. Will this affect me in any way?

Any help is appreciated!!

Cheers, Jason

I will be willing to bet the tilt motor on them wont work. They should go in without any problems and should plug in fine, FL E30 lights look better but I dont think they work any better how ever. But since yours are cracked there no harm in updating to FL ones. You just proberbly wont be able to use the plastic light shroud thats in the engine bay over them as FL light units are longer.

Someone correct me if Im wrong on something

I will be willing to bet the tilt motor on them wont work. They should go in without any problems and should plug in fine, FL E30 lights look better but I dont think they work any better how ever. But since yours are cracked there no harm in updating to FL ones. You just proberbly wont be able to use the plastic light shroud thats in the engine bay over them as FL light units are longer.

Someone correct me if Im wrong on something

Thanks for that. Its all good about the tilt motor, I wasnt expecting it to work but I was just wonderin wether it would get in the way of things running smoothly. And as for the plastic shroud.. I dont have it on anyway so no biggie!!

Thanks for your help mate

Jason,

No - they aren't a direct replacement, you would need to change the whole mounting assy as a complete unit (lamps are different)

Also wiring plugs are different from pre to F/L so would need to adapt these as well

Jason,

No - they aren't a direct replacement, you would need to change the whole mounting assy as a complete unit (lamps are different)

Also wiring plugs are different from pre to F/L so would need to adapt these as well

Brilliant, Thanks for that.

You wouldnt happen to know roughly what of a full set of lights are selling for these days (second hand)?

FL light conversion including all plugs. (easy conversion) $130

Regards Ray

0212HELLBM

FL light conversion including all plugs. (easy conversion) $130

Regards Ray

0212HELLBM

Im in exactly the same position. Cracked PreF headlight, wanna upgrade to the newer lights.

Coombes Johnson BMW quoted one lens part for $150+gst!

The coversion thing sounds good though and am keen.

Where do you order these from, and does this include everything from lens to bracket?