Sign in to follow this  
far4ngn

FS: E30 1990 BMW 318is

Its time to sell the old E30 318is, so thought I'd let you know it'll be going up on Trademe.

The car is a 318is sold new in NZ in 1990, it's in Sterling Silver and a manual. The car is in very good condition and is rust free, the interior sports seats are mint and I've replaced everything that looked worn.

The car has covered 203096 kms and has a full service history with lots of history. I recently purchased an is front spoiler from BMW that needs some paint before fitting.

At it's last service I had the radiator replaced, other changes are KYB shocks, King springs, Kenwood headunit, clear side and front indicators.

I'm aiming for around $6000, but open to offers.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by far4ngn

Wow. It should sell exceptionally quickly, as that will probably be the last 318iS at a resonable price.

G/L with the sale.

Hey Paul good luck. I saw this or one identical the other day in town its super clean

Thanks guys, not sure if I want to sell it, it's a great car to drive.. but if it doesnt sell it'll be getting a full respray.

Hey great car, very well priced!

Good luck with the sale.

Would you sell the RS's separate?

Not to hijack your thread...

But, speaking of sterling silver 318is's in Wellington, has anyone seen one with a MTec2 kit on it? I remember I had the opportunity to buy it about 4 or 5 years ago. It was NZ new manual 318is with full MTec2 kit (basically identical to a M325i) and ended up being traded and sold through Aro on Cuba St. Sorta kicking myself for not buying it (actually, if I did I doubt I would still own it!). Does anyone on here own this car, or know where it got to? Thought it would be pretty rare being an NZ 318is with the full kit!

+1 for pics of rs's! If you would sell seperate? Do they have tyres?

Sorry guys tried attaching a pic of the alloys, but it says that the Upload failed.

go to www.photobucket.com and make a profile/album/register

In your photobucket album hit "browse" and locate the pic of wheels. Upload it. When it appears in your album copy the 4th URL down labeled "IMG code". It will start with .

Or just use Imageshack, don't need to register etc.

Maybe its just me but imageshack is really laggy compared to the bucket.

What happened Paul? I notice the tm ad is gone

I had around 550 hits in a week and loads of questions, so I took it off for my own sanity. The more serious guys who were interested have all my contact details if they want to get in touch.

In the meantime, I'm going to take the sheets off it and start to use it more, whilst I save for that full respray. It's a great car to drive and I don't want it falling into the wrong hands :)

Oh dear... I think I've become attached to my car! :wacko:

I had around 550 hits in a week and loads of questions, so I took it off for my own sanity. The more serious guys who were interested have all my contact details if they want to get in touch.

In the meantime, I'm going to take the sheets off it and start to use it more, whilst I save for that full respray. It's a great car to drive and I don't want it falling into the wrong hands :)

Oh dear... I think I've become attached to my car! :wacko:

I have a couple of them, (NZers) and have a need to sell one very soon too. Sad thoughts.Trying to decide which one,the Black one (coming up 160) or the red one (120kms 119 now). Hoping some collector will buy and treasure it as its previous owners have and preserve it for posterity perhaps. Was interested in whether you have sold. Same sentiments as you, just rego'ed the red one and appreciate its driving character and frugal petrol compared to the m325i. Seems prices for say a decent e30 m325i make the e30 318is a dwarf by comparison, whose qualities are definitely underestimated and underrated by their scarcity in the market I suppose.

How many would be still running here be in NZ?

I have the engine and gearbox of one from a damaged one and with yours that's 5. Shelly's seemed to have brought many if not most most in. I was told 20 altogether came to NZ. AnMTech11 model one does not get mention in the factory Literature of the model.

Yes, difficult decisions, do I get the respray and let it become a garage queen or do I get a newer car with all the new gadgets, safety features etc. I keep buying any bits that I think I need to replace or look worn so it keeps me interested :)

I was also wondered about buying a M325i, both cars get go for some silly prices. I initially listed mine, but on the amount of feedback I think I put it on too cheap... but I thought I'd go low because of the open diff (the original is on my garage floor..a bit noisey) and what I thought was an average body. But looking around the body is in really good condition even with the few dents it has.

The thing that makes me want to keep it is that there is supposedly now less than 20 left.

Had a guy asking all about it again today, so people are still interested without the use of Trademe.

Before you try the full respray, try 'Autoglym Paint Renovator' with a decent fast buffer thing (be very careful!)

I have seen some amazing things done to dead paint from this stuff.

You can usually find it on TradeMe.

Ok guys, after much debating the car has got to go to make room for something a little newer. My daughter is going to University next year and I'm reducing down to two cars...so my SA E30 325i will be going as well.

Still looking at around $6000, WOF and Tax due in October and the car has covered 204586km. The car is in original condition, no go faster parts, only mods are a Kenwood Cd/stereo and a fire extinguisher on the original E30 bracket.

post-1056-1221972735_thumb.jpg

post-1056-1221972760_thumb.jpg

post-1056-1221972874_thumb.jpg

post-1056-1221972945_thumb.jpg

post-1056-1221973060_thumb.jpg

post-1056-1221973095_thumb.jpg

Edited by far4ngn

Guys, whats the going price for these cars at the moment? Is it around 6k, as I'll be putting it on Trademe tonight.

Guys, whats the going price for these cars at the moment? Is it around 6k, as I'll be putting it on Trademe tonight.

There's one on trade me atm. He's wanting about $5700. But yours is more original and has less k's. I'd personally put it on at $6400 see what kinda hits you get for the ad. You never know, you might find just the right person.