Sign in to follow this  
kiwi535

organise events with(shudder)

some of you may know i send newsletters out for the car club....for some events i need to keep track of numbers.Is there an easy way to do this or do i just work with tasks,calendar,notes ??or am i doomed to troll through the emails making lists in excel or word manually

some of you may know i send newsletters out for the car club....for some events i need to keep track of numbers.Is there an easy way to do this or do i just work with tasks,calendar,notes ??or am i doomed to troll through the emails making lists in excel or word manually

due to the various methods of reply (email, post, phone) you will most likely get there is no easy way of doing it. I'd say excel is probably your best bet.

If the reservations you get are mostly by return email then you could set up a rule before you send the email out so that when any replies come back they all go into the same folder.

here is how to do it

1. create a new folder in outlook - name it appropriately e.g "mystery cruise june"

2. create a new rule. Tools> Rules & Alerts. Create a rule thats says all emails with "mystery cruise june" in the subject line get put into the "mystery cruise june" folder.

3. send the email but make sure it has "mystery cruise june" in the subject line

you will still have to go through the emails to get exact numbers because some replies may be for 2 people and some may be apologies, or questions. At least they are all together and not mixed up with your other emails. If you don't use rules already then it is a good idea to use them for a whole lot of things.

If you don't use rules already then it is a good idea to use them for a whole lot of things.

Some people were just born to be moderators eh Ollie! ;)

thanks ollie that seems a bit easier than what i was contemplating...by far the majority are email.Have used rules before,can get quite specific so will give it a try.!