Sign in to follow this  
silverlea

545i spare tyre

Any members tried to fit a spare and jack in the trunk of a 545i motosport ? Not a big wheel well. 18inch rim and tyre will not fit !

Need to do something as Ive dumped the original runflats.

Thanks.

My E60 has a full sized spare. Regardless of size one would think the tire should be the same diameter.

My E60 has a full sized spare. Regardless of size one would think the tire should be the same diameter.

Thanks for the reply.............what size tyre is your spare. My car is on 18inch rims.

thanks

Will have a look tonight. Im sure it was 18".

Is your car NZ New?

Hmm, my spare is 17 inch Conti while my wheels are 18 inch.

Don't think the wheel well is designed to take a full blown alloys 'specially the 19 and 20.

After all BMW is pushing RFT.

16-20 should have the same rolling diameter? The width would be the restriction.

Just cheeked and mine is a skinny wheel / space saver. I have no idea why I thought I had a full sized spare :wacko:

spank me for saying this ... But when you get a flat tire in a e60 and you put your run flat on .. what does one then do with the spare tire if it doesnt fit in the well .. ?? Like most of us this sort of thing happens when you have a boot full of sh*t for the holiday your on .. so it cant go there ..

Oh honey .. can you hang onto the wheel till we get to wellington ? yeah I know I just drove down a dirty road but dont blame me .. blame BMW...

thats going to go down real well!

I managed to get my old 17 with correct rolling diameter tire for my 19's in the e46.. with all the spare tools I need in / fancy sockets in my tool kit in there too.

Sorry, I meant wheel well won't accommodate the width of a full size spare.

Good question hybrid.

Again, say someone's driving from Taupo to Wellington and get a flat somewhere just after Taihape. And no spare.

RFT is designed to be driven for another 150km @ 80kph.

I doubt that any tyre places in any direction save for Taupo and Palmy will stock a tyre that matches......