Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

205/50 R888's on an 15x8" wheel?

Is this ok? The sidewall will be slightly stretched. Would just like to run them for a track day coming up.

Dunno - the spec says 7.5", right?

Let me know how you get on since I am thinking about it. Please drive aggressively and thoroughly test them, LOL.

Lol, Cam, it'd probably be the same rims too.

The toyo's are almost the same width as the 225/50/16 RE001's I have in my shed. So I reckon it's a maybe.

EDIT: Dan, you could measure the rim's actual width where the tyre beads. Sportmax's being a cheap-ish rim may be on the narrow side of 8".

Wide 205's narrow 8"s.

Edited by JiB

Hmmm will give it a try anyway. I have some Honda's to kill in a few weeks at puke. Want to see if the extra HP in the 325 will pull better times than the lighter 320 E30's too. You should come Jonathan.

Edited by driftit

Hmmm will give it a try anyway. I have some Honda's to kill in a few weeks at puke. Want to see if the extra HP in the 325 will pull better times than the lighter 320 E30's too. You should come Jonathan.

I'd love to but, the car is currently broken and I don't have time to fix it 'cos of exams <_<

As far as I could tell when Ollie took me for a ride in his E30 series 320, My 325 (315,000kms) is about the same/slower in a straight line as Ollie's 320 series car :(

I only managed about 160-170kph at the end of Taupo track 1 straight. Pretty slow haha, didn't help that I had no idea how to take that corner entering the straight.

Its now mid next month man. You can make it easy.

Not sure I can...car just split a heater hose and doing some epic leaking out the rear crank seal (I think?)

.....and have to tidy the car up for cert as well as get the new suspension in. Needs some cutting welding.

...I may also be in Sydney at the time :(

See how it goes :)