Sign in to follow this  
Gus

S50B32

Can someone tell me what they are worth in NZ, as in what people have actually paid for an S50 Evo Engine? I have heard lots of stories but v. little fact.

Full engine ancillaries/headers etc - poss even 6 spd box.

Cheers

Gus

+ ideally need to know pretty quickly.

Edited by The Gus

If you post this in the "For Sale" thread, you're supposed to have an S50 for sale.

Dang you for getting my hopes up! :D

well, you never know..

fact is Gus, you can land here from the States for around $6.5 to 7.5k engine only, engine and box seem to be around $10 to 12k landed here with duty gst etc paid. Only thing is that you buy sight unseen, so bit of a risk I guess? I've bought a couple of shipments of bits in now, all seem to be good so far, buying from reputable sellers helps. All thru Ebay.

10-12k for engine + box for a wimpy 240hp US M3 engine?

do they actually sell at that though?

That;s for the s52b32, includes gst and duty and handling fees at this end, Ebay for around $8.5k NZ, rest is import costs.

That;s for the s52b32, includes gst and duty and handling fees at this end, Ebay for around $8.5k NZ, rest is import costs.

I'd have thought (note - no research) you'd get an Evo engine cheaper out of the UK or Europe given that's where they come from. Shipping etc probably worse though, but all the Evo engines in the US would have come from Europe anyway.

S52B32 is still US engine - 240 hp

3.5k with a munched loom and missing the seimens vanos plugs. Was a very good price and engine appears to only have done around 10000 ks.. We just got lucky.

your looking around that maybe up too 6-7k for a mint one.

Remember the short block brand new is $8500 and the head is that again.

Shipping is pretty similar ex USA and Europe, I would expect <$1500, depending on packaging etc. I would be mildly surprised if there is duty on engines, but that's not the kind of thing I import so I could be mistaken.

I'd have thought (note - no research) you'd get an Evo engine cheaper out of the UK or Europe given that's where they come from. Shipping etc probably worse though, but all the Evo engines in the US would have come from Europe anyway.

Edited by savant

Cost me $750 in gst, agents fees, customs clearance, maf inspection, no duty, and $500 for shipping 1.25 m3 ex USA.

Question about the 6speed box .. If your thinking of putting it into an e30 it wont work without some major chopping of the floor pan gearbox tunnel. This is why BMW never put a 6 speed into the z3m as the z floor pan is actually an e30 floor pan.

The ZF 5speed does however fit.

of course its an e30 josh...you know me!

is that attached to the s50? what about something else?

got any more details of this surgery req.? have not seen it elsewhere