Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Spongebob squarepants

well after driving other e30s and my mums e34 (m20 525i) my clutch is v v spongy...now....im thinking its my slave cylinder (master replaced at new years), dont think its an air bubble as it has been bled, my only other though is it could be the clutch itself? ill be jacking up this weekend so might give bleeding another go....but wanting any other suggestions before i go and buy a slave?

Can you not get a bebuild kit for the slave cyl???

Is it loosing any fluid though?? That would be sign that the SC was rooted.

Maybe the pressure plate is flogged out??

i havnt looked for a while....dont think it is though....occasionly the clutch wont engage and leaves me driving without one....so i think it is the slave....but i wouldnt be surprised if the pressure plate is fuct

well driving home on the mway today my clutch went again..its happening more no more often.....no much fun....pretty sure its the slave...ill bleed tomorrow or sat and see

Another clutch question, my clutch doesn't engage until the very last bit of travel. Is that normal on E30's, cos it doesn't feel right. I don't notice any slipping or anything. Car has done 230k on what would be original cluth i suppose. Is the clutch on the way out or maybe something else?

that sounds normal....bmw clutches tend to be quite 'sharp'

mines all spongy and engages slowly....its ghey

Another clutch question, my clutch doesn't engage until the very last bit of travel. Is that normal on E30's, cos it doesn't feel right. I don't notice any slipping or anything. Car has done 230k on what would be original cluth i suppose. Is the clutch on the way out or maybe something else?

how long have you had your car? When a clutch lets out right down the bottom (on the floor) that is a good thing! if it was right up the top then you would be in for trouble! maybe the previous owners did the clutch not long before selling?

That's why I'm a bit worried, its not engaging until my foot would nearly be off the pedal, it only takes the slightest tap on the clutch to get it slipping, but it seems fine normally. How long can I expect out of a clutch, and how much is a clutch kit roughly?

thats normal!

your cool

Guest WAGON

yea my cluth is starting to go

must be cause of blair drifting it lol

wouls it be better to go second hand or new?

must be cause of blair drifting it lol

dont be blaming this on me... you were telling me the other day that you did a big burnout - thats gotta be hard on the clutch - and i drift my wagon harder and more than i drifted your e30, and my clutch is still sweet!!!