Sign in to follow this  
BMW316i

316 performance

yer its facelift, just didnt know if it was carbd or not because the bonnet is f**ked, it wont open backwards... :huh:

WTF?

Sorry if i'm offending you but is that a joke or do you not know that bmw bonnets fold foward or is there really something wrong with your bonnet? If its carbed it will probably have a round air cleaner sitting on top of the engine instead of a airbox.

Guest Andrew

yer its facelift, just didnt know if it was carbd or not because the bonnet is f**ked, it wont open backwards... :huh:

heh heh heh that is one of the funniest things i've ever read on a BMW forum.

Dude - can you seriously not just open the bonnet and tell if its carb or FI?

heh heh

Lol yea that cracks me up..... well fyi it is a fuel injected m40 1.6L.

Arg, mine fukn almost stalled on me tday at st lukes- it was splutterin an sh*t (when i tried to accelerate)... then it randomly started running fine again?

Guest WAGON

while were on the topic of 316s

i was coming back from seeing blair doing drifting when one tried to pass me

i put my foot down in 5th and it couldnt pass lol :)

i was coming back from seeing blair doing drifting

general disclaimer here - i wasnt on a public road - i was at u-drive sprint cars, on their track.

Im thinking we should go there when everyone comes to napier for that meet, little concrete track, could create a lot of competition!

Evan, after you left, i blew a tyre on their burnout pad, the otherone has practically nothing left of it!!

how much is it to go round? i would be keen as....hopefully it would be wet!

its $5 for 6 laps, or $10 for 12. It dont need to be wet, my 325 slides hard on it!!!

Ill go and see them and see if we can get some sort of deal, like have it for a couple of hours on a saturday afternoon or somthing. They did it for us once before, group of my mates (about 15 cars) paid $15 each and we had it for 2 hours. A hell of a lot of fun, and they have a burnout pad!!! Shot.

Anyway, im sorry, we have hi-jacked this thread, my bad, im sorry. therefore, i think we should move...

Sorry, I know that this is OT, but Bair, tell me more about the track, i.e. how long is it. I like the idea of it.

Cheers

Guest WAGON

general disclaimer here - i wasnt on a public road - i was at u-drive sprint cars, on their track.

Im thinking we should go there when everyone comes to napier for that meet, little concrete track, could create a lot of competition!

yea sorry :)

its a wicked little track i just didnt have the money to do it :( :mosh:

nah ya got me..

i was gonna fill it in with Homo / hardass / badassness hardassness mofo / sucka / fool / playa / pirate arrh! / various other comment.

depends on the context, and this is not placed in the message very well.

ninja!!!

that track sounds f**k cool

240 meter oval, it is hard to get a good time - takes skill and a bit of practice - which is why my time is a shiity 13.6 or somthing, the best time belongs to a mate of mine in his subaru. Hes a nutty prick and has it done in 12.3. It is concrete and has the best line marked into it with bumps to hit half way rond (marking the apexs etc...) plenty of room for WHEN you spin out - havnt seen anyone not do it yet! and when you go off, you get to skid the grass up to help vent your frustrations!!!