Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Confirmation on E36 struts

Can anyone confirm or deny whether the E36 325 and E36 328 share the same front struts?

Cheers

Can anyone confirm or deny whether the E36 325 and E36 328 share the same front struts?

Cheers

Should be the same so long as one isnt a motorsport version. Check the Boge numbers on the shocks.

Both motors weigh approx the same

^ as glenn said.

various model all use same struts, only difference is if its motorsport or standard

Edited by Mike

HIJACK - sorry.. are sachs shocks standard in any BMW's ?

HIJACK - sorry.. are sachs shocks standard in any BMW's ?

Yes

They use Sachs & Boge

Thanks Glen. Mr. Pink, prehaps post up the shock numbers? or a chassis number?

Im sure some bmw nut could decifer them :)

The front sway bar on early E36s (production date pre-11/91) attach to the struts so the 325 could fall in that category, while all 328s being late models will not have that mounting point on the struts.

was woundering the same thing after a mate brought a set of shocks with lowered springs in them for his 320i they shocks were out of a 318 the springs were blue dont know they brand but it sat the car at th front really really low to the ground after i had put in them

was woundering the same thing after a mate brought a set of shocks with lowered springs in them for his 320i they shocks were out of a 318 the springs were blue dont know they brand but it sat the car at th front really really low to the ground after i had put in them

That's because 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder E36s use different springs. The 6 cylinder engines are heavier.

yep well aware of that is was just funny how we took the over compressed springs out an put in these other ones and it raised it stuff all what would i the height difrence between a 4cyl on them and a 6cyl on them 20ml? looked crack up as i put 318is m tech springs in the back looked like a drag car

Should've updated earlier:

The 325/328 struts are interchangeable.

My 328 has a nice big fat sway bar attached to the control arm.

Should've updated earlier:

The 325/328 struts are interchangeable.

My 328 has a nice big fat sway bar attached to the control arm.

did you get them in alright then carl??

Did them a couple of weekends ago, piece of piss, just had to get someone to help stick on the strut top nuts while I held them up from under.

The FL strut is all good (monroe one), FR shock is naff (still original by the looks). Front is sitting a little lower, very nice, rear shocks are in just rear springs but need a compressor for that.

While doing the front struts I noticed the control arm bushes were naff too, tried to sneak them through a WOF but failed, where's the best place for getting some nolathane type bushes anyone?

Edited by No. 6