Sign in to follow this  
CamB

WTB - 2 litre M10 engine

I'm looking after a 2 litre (rather than 1.8) M10 engine from either a 2002 or 320i e21.

I'm after it for the crank and block (or even just the block), so not looking to pay much. I already have a 318i M10 and a suitable crank (m3 one, as it happens), but would prefer an earlier block for what I want to do (tuuuuurbo).

Anyone have anything? Any leads on anything?

Awesome an E12! and in orange, something makes me want it ...

it looks to be in pretty good nik too with nice weaves. Will be interesting to see what it fetches and who buys it.

Yes I did thanks. Too many cars means I won't be in the bidding for that one.

Simply as a parts car (which is sort of a waste) that should be awesome for someone - it should go for a pretty decent price as it is a 2002tii engine, and supposedly has a 5 speed (I rang and asked - not a dog-leg one so who knows what its from). It probably has tii spec 4 pot front calipers too. Rust looks nasty though.

I really need only a short block or just the block itself.

Yes I did thanks. Too many cars means I won't be in the bidding for that one.

Simply as a parts car (which is sort of a waste) that should be awesome for someone - it should go for a pretty decent price as it is a 2002tii engine, and supposedly has a 5 speed (I rang and asked - not a dog-leg one so who knows what its from). It probably has tii spec 4 pot front calipers too. Rust looks nasty though.

I really need only a short block or just the block itself.

I haven't decided whether to use my early 2.0L block or use 1.8L e30 block. I know the later ones are lighter but I've read different stories on how it affects the strength. The mounts also need modifying if i use the earlier one so i might just use an e30 one.

I haven't decided whether to use my early 2.0L block or use 1.8L e30 block. I know the later ones are lighter but I've read different stories on how it affects the strength. The mounts also need modifying if i use the earlier one so i might just use an e30 one.

You'll see I've asked over on e30tech.com for opinions on which block there. The weight difference appears to be approx 7kg, which is meaningful. As we all know, the 2002 block is good for ~1300-1500hp, but how strong the 318i block is I am not so sure.

I'm looking after a 2 litre (rather than 1.8) M10 engine from either a 2002 or 320i e21.

I'm after it for the crank and block (or even just the block), so not looking to pay much. I already have a 318i M10 and a suitable crank (m3 one, as it happens), but would prefer an earlier block for what I want to do (tuuuuurbo).

Anyone have anything? Any leads on anything?

Hay Cam I have a short block down here. The cost of freight would be more than what I want for it!

Paul.

021 668 169