Sign in to follow this  
normsmith

Know anyone who does leather upholstery for cars?

I am thinking about getting leather upholstery for my Bimmer. Do you know of anyone who could do this at a reasonable price?

Thanks

I am thinking about getting leather upholstery for my Bimmer. Do you know of anyone who could do this at a reasonable price?

Thanks

Are you looking to get custom trimming or just want a leather interior? If it's the latter I'd say going to a wrecker will be more economical.

Are you looking to get custom trimming or just want a leather interior? If it's the latter I'd say going to a wrecker will be more economical.

Sorry, I meant I just want leather seats.

Retro vehicle enhancements do a fantastic job, dealers use them to re-trim new cars for customers. A mate of mine brought a new Ford with leather and sent it back to be redone by retro as the factory stuff was crap.

Allow for $3,000-5,000 though.

If you’re out south and want a cheaper job I can recommend South Auckland Upholsterer’s in Papakura.

Edited by Apex

Retro vehicle enhancements do a fantastic job, dealers use them to re-trim new cars for customers. A mate of mine brought a new Ford with leather and sent it back to be redone by retro as the factory stuff was crap.

Allow for $3,000-5,000 though.

If you’re out south and want a cheaper job I can recommend South Auckland Upholsterer’s in Papakura.

Ouch, that would really hurt the old pocket. I didn't realise it was so dear.

The leather itself is reasonably expensive and there is a lot of work involved in re-trimming a car, I have had a bit to do with the process and can assure you it is time consuming.

The likes of Retro can be cheaper if you go with low grade leather and they have the patterns for your car already. I would give them a call and find out.

Keep in mind a factory upgrade to leather is well over 5k.

Find a wrecked E90 with leather interior.... would hopefully be way cheaper than 3-5k

Norm, I missed the fact that your car is an E90. Being such a new model my wrecker comment may not apply. If you do manage to find one at a wrecker they'll probably want a fair bit. It might still be cheaper than an upholsterer though.

If you can wait, then in a few years you'll be able to get them for reasonable prices. If you do get an upholsterer to do it, might as well make it something special (but still mainstream), it could increase the resale value of your car if done right.

A NZ new 325i would have had leather (and more) standard, you could always trade up :)

A NZ new 325i would have had leather (and more) standard, you could always trade up :)

Haha! I'd love new 325i, especially that coupe sitting up at sky city. :-D