Sign in to follow this  
1rotty

Finally some pics-my 97 540i

As promised some pics of my 97 540,the 98 is still at paint shop so pix still to come.

While I'm here-this car has no EDC button-can anyone tell me the significance of this.

post-3113-1213948917_thumb.jpg

post-3113-1213948972_thumb.jpg

post-3113-1213949044_thumb.jpg

post-3113-1213949106_thumb.jpg

Nice 540i.

I think EDC=Electronic Damper Control so when you turn it on the dampers go into sport mode for a stiffer ride.

Nice 540i.

I think EDC=Electronic Damper Control so when you turn it on the dampers go into sport mode for a stiffer ride.

Yes you're right but this car doesnt have it,my 98 does as does my now sold 740il-I'm wondering what the significance of not having it is.

Nice, Are those factory wheels? They look good

Yes they are -they were on my 98 but look better on this one so I swapped them-only prob now I've got a brake shimmy at around 80k's-tyres are pretty worn so hoping new ones will fix it!!! heres hoping.

Least your be able to keep a leg now that you dont have it. I drove a E32 with it and it wasn't anything special just get decent shocks ^_^

Nice car mate, what shade of black is it? Also seeing you say the wheels are factory - are they four M5 front wheels or something?

Least your be able to keep a leg now that you dont have it. I drove a E32 with it and it wasn't anything special just get decent shocks ^_^

The handling is awesome(even with marginal tyres)-got to give it a good stomp at night over napier/taupo road last week-feels at least as good if not better than the 98 in "sport" setting!!!

Nice car mate, what shade of black is it? Also seeing you say the wheels are factory - are they four M5 front wheels or something?

Hey, its cosmosshwartz metallic.Dont know about the wheels - as i said they were on the 98 when I bought it-they do have bmw centre caps if that helps!!PS-they're 17's-have seen an identical set of 18's on trademe recently.I am going to put 40mm lowering springs on it so with the difference in price between 17's & 18's I think I'll stick with the 17's.!!!!

maybe go 245 on the back if the rims are up to it.

As promised some pics of my 97 540,the 98 is still at paint shop so pix still to come.

While I'm here-this car has no EDC button-can anyone tell me the significance of this.

One word - NICE

good pics too, love ths shine

Nice 540i.

I have just spent a lot of time reading various manuals/ snippets and things. Don't quote me but I think that is correct as I have come across it a few times myself - though not exactly sure what it actually does mechanically

With regards to EDC, you should probably count yourself lucky that you don't have it as it's horrendously expensive to fix if something goes wrong!

Take a look at this month's Total BMW magazine, they have a maintenance guide for the E39.... IIRC it mentions something about EDC.

With regards to EDC, you should probably count yourself lucky that you don't have it as it's horrendously expensive to fix if something goes wrong!

Take a look at this month's Total BMW magazine, they have a maintenance guide for the E39.... IIRC it mentions something about EDC.

Yes-I read a thread somewhere the other night $1675 NZ per shock

From what I've read it seems the EDC was intro'd on the 98 models.

Total BMW mag - is it online or a bookstore mag?

You're right-my 740 handled like a beached whale unless it was on !!!