Sign in to follow this  
kleb1

engine transplant

hey im putting a m44 manual enigne into a e36 it was originaly a m40.

can anyone help me with what wiring is going to be diferent and what i have to do thanks

hey im putting a m44 manual enigne into a e36 it was originaly a m40.

can anyone help me with what wiring is going to be diferent and what i have to do thanks

you will have issues with ews coded key stuff .

if your car is an early e36 with no coded key

you will have issues with ews coded key stuff .

if your car is an early e36 with no coded key

i got the ews ignition with it. im thinking more with the plug on the fuse box will the m44 engine plug conect onto the m40 and go

i got the ews ignition with it. im thinking more with the plug on the fuse box will the m44 engine plug conect onto the m40 and go

there is no ews wiring in ur car,u will have to have it wired in,the a/c fan wiring must also be modded(m44 electrical panel)

there is no ews wiring in ur car,u will have to have it wired in,the a/c fan wiring must also be modded(m44 electrical panel)

i have wired in the ews and not using ac so not worried there. the ews seems to be geting the power it needed but it didnt start when i tried to turn it over. any ideas about what i could of done wrong. it was getting power owt of the ews to the starter motor so the ews must be working fine

Im not sure how EWS works, but ive heard it is part of the body?

Anyway, you can chip your ECU, with a EWS disabled chip - if thats the problem.

ews-pin4(gn) changes to(sw/vi) pin 10 dme. there is a relay at steering coloum if it was a auto(sw/ge) for the auto-park

i got the m44 engine with manual and the ecu and loom was complete. ive wired it in n had ews put in but now wen i try to start it it doesnt turn over. i can here a clicking in the ecu so that is getting power and wen i test the block it is giving off 12 volts cna anyone help me why this wont b grounded?