Sign in to follow this  
jjs

Cheap manual E46 touring

Turners link

Low kms too. Must be an English import.

It would probably be a bit of a slug, but I guess the flipside is better fuel consumption!

English imports have miles on the speedo. It says Germany on the Sin Card, plus first registered in NZ in 2002 - must be Tourist Delivery.

Looks pretty well spec'd out - Leather, TV, although no rear power windows!!!

Me think this is the touring that Shelly BMW bought straight BMW AG which was used for to test some combinations. TV (Nav?) with manual rear window.

If you could pinch it for low teens, its gotta be a good buy.

Does anyone know much about the 316i E46? It says its an 1800, but what engine does it use? Is there much difference between it and a comparable 318i?

The N42B18 is a 1.8 L (1796 cc) version producing 85 kW (115 hp) and 175 N·m (129 ft·lbf). It uses Bosch DME ME9.2 fuel injection. It has twin-balancing shafts. The N42B18 won the 1.4-1.8 L category of the International Engine of the Year competition for 2001.

Applications:

2001-2003 E46 316i/316ti

andrew once floored his mums 318 ... I thought he was taking the piss ... they are slow as sh*t in e46 form factor, should be illegal even.

Yeah I floored one on a test drive and actually thought my old Golf 3 diesel would have eaten it for breakfast... Pretty heavy car for such a small motor.