Sign in to follow this  
diablo23

tv in motion

I thought you had gone overseas?

I did, and I still am overseas.

Is there a key sequence trick for a facelift 99 E38 (NZ New)?

Try what Grant wrote. If it doesn't work on your age of TV tuner, then use my NavCoder software

on the tv topic, if anyone interested:

i've found with bmw tv systems from japan, set the area to Austria to recieve all nz channels, uhf and vhf in the same scan group. then you can set them in the memory etc

on the tv topic, if anyone interested:

i've found with bmw tv systems from japan, set the area to Austria to recieve all nz channels, uhf and vhf in the same scan group. then you can set them in the memory etc

Yes, Austria uses same standards as NZ. Australia does not!

Correct setting for NZ is "PAL B/G" or "PAL Europe" if you want to be pedantic.

On some later cars, "New Zealand" is in the country list :-)

Not a WOF requirement. You can have a TV screen playing within view of the driver.

Screen is OK, TV is not. Just because it is not a checkbox on a WOF sheet, doesn't mean it is allowed. Read the legislation:

(Rule 32017. "Vehicle Equipment 2004")

2.5 Televisions in motor vehicles

2.5(1) Except as provided in 2.5(2), any part of the image on a television screen fitted in a motor vehicle must not be visible to the driver of the motor vehicle from his or her normal driving position while the motor vehicle is in motion.

2.5(2) Subclause 2.5(1) does not apply if:

• ( a ) the television screen is fitted in the motor vehicle only for the purpose of assisting the driver to reverse safely, by showing a clear picture of the area directly behind the motor vehicle; or
  • ( b ) the motor vehicle is a passenger service vehicle and the provisions of Land Transport Rule: Passenger Service Vehicles 1999 are complied with; or
  • ( c ) the screen is fitted as original equipment by the vehicle manufacturer and is designed so that only information relating to the navigation, safe operation and control of the motor vehicle can be displayed on the screen while the motor vehicle is in motion; or
  • ( d ) the screen is only capable of displaying text and any change to the text on the screen is controlled manually by the driver.
Edited by jochen

· Set ignition to pos. II

• enter TV mode
  • enter "settings"
  • enter "brightness"
  • when the green contrast bar is visible, push the knob and keep it pressed
  • turn ignition off (keep button pressed!)
  • wait 8-10 seconds (timing must be accurate!)
  • release the knob
  • turn on ignition again
  • Now you can watch TV during driving (but always keep at least one eye on the road - that said)
To watch videotext use the same procedure as above, but chose "colour" instead of "brightness".
yeah we tired those tricks a few months ago with no luck sadly

I can watch TV while driving and I also programed it to pick up and actually show the sky channels that I can recieve at times. Which is pretty cool.

:(

Yes, that is pretty cool, but how on earth can you watch T.V. and still drive safely?

Edited by ducatiss