Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Warranty Companies

http://www.warrantydirect.co.nz

Been referred to these guys. Does anyone know anything of them or has anyone used them before & had to make a claim?

They're very cheap. Quoted $500ish for a 12 month warranty on an 04 Mazda 6

Have you bought the Mazda yet? If not, you will find the dealer selling it to you would be more than happy to sell you a warranty. I'm also pretty confident that they would offer you a good deal on one as a warranty effectively removes their liability if anything goes wrong with the car.

My biggest concern with the company you have listed is its paying ability. I would try and find out if they are underwritten by anyone. They state on their FAQ's, they are bonded. But the details and extent of such bond are not stated. If the company can't pay, your warranty is worthless. This happened to a mate of mine a few years back when the garage told him he needed $3k worth of transmission work he went to claim and then found out the warranty company had gone into liquidation.

Have you bought the Mazda yet? If not, you will find the dealer selling it to you would be more than happy to sell you a warranty. I'm also pretty confident that they would offer you a good deal on one as a warranty effectively removes their liability if anything goes wrong with the car.

My biggest concern with the company you have listed is its paying ability. I would try and find out if they are underwritten by anyone. They state on their FAQ's, they are bonded. But the details and extent of such bond are not stated. If the company can't pay, your warranty is worthless. This happened to a mate of mine a few years back when the garage told him he needed $3k worth of transmission work he went to claim and then found out the warranty company had gone into liquidation.

Bugger that!

Yeah I have a deal on a Mazda 6 & wanted him to get the warranty on it himself. However, I've sold the VW & The porsche & with the mechanical warranty requiring a mechanical inspection prior to the warranty being awarded it means the car is going to take a few days longer which means I'm without a car until next week.

I take possession of my company on Monday 9am & I seriously need a car this week. So I thought I'd sort the warranty at a later date.

Get the dealer to lend you a car whilst the warrenty is being sorted

Your happy as its all sorted, dealers happy as he sold you the car and possibly makes a cut on the warrenty

Make it a condition of the sale - its a win/win for both parties.

Get the dealer to lend you a car whilst the warrenty is being sorted

Your happy as its all sorted, dealers happy as he sold you the car and possibly makes a cut on the warrenty

Make it a condition of the sale - its a win/win for both parties.

Thats a top idea, but unfortunately the vehicle is in Christchurch & I'm in Dunedin. He's also more a wholesaler, buys all ex-lease NZ New cars.

Rent a car, use it and drive it to CHCH to pick up the Mazda6 once the warrenty is sorted, Leave the rental at whatever companies branch you used in CHCH.

Problem solved :)

Nope, cause that would mean I would be absent from the companies first day of trading lol.

Bugger that!

Yeah I have a deal on a Mazda 6 & wanted him to get the warranty on it himself. However, I've sold the VW & The porsche & with the mechanical warranty requiring a mechanical inspection prior to the warranty being awarded it means the car is going to take a few days longer which means I'm without a car until next week.

I take possession of my company on Monday 9am & I seriously need a car this week. So I thought I'd sort the warranty at a later date.

Its a late model Mazda, so I think the chances of going seriously wrong in your first week are pretty small. Also, if something does go wrong, the dealer is liable to fix it.

Shop around for a good warranty and don't rush into it!