Sign in to follow this  
pjay

Rims and Tyres

With my bonus looming closer and closer, its come time to look at rims for the 328.

I have searched high and low, and have settled on these Work rims: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-163770787.htm

Posted Image

Now i need Tyres.

Could i have some options for tyres on these rims? I am an absolute, rim/tyre noob. And have only ever used the tyres my cars have come with. Majority of my driving is to and from work on the motorway, but on the w/e's i do go for a spirited drive and love to feel G force of the corners :) and after buying these rims, i should have a bit left for tyres. Possible keeping the cost under 1k for a full set would be fantastic!

Also if anybody can do these rims cheaper, or a similar set (black, polished lip, 8.5" wide) give me a bell, id appreciate it.

Thanks

for the amount those are going to cost, i say get a better offset, et43 will sit to far in the gaurds.

as for tyres, ask jono (zenetti) hes a forum sponser and will look after you

Edited by 328imobbin

Hmmm ok, ill pm JFSAKL now. cheers

328imobbin What offset should i be looking at? i dont understand offset to well.

I think the offset looks fine.

Nice wheels, should fit nicely.

Not sure on profile but around a 235/35/18 sounds about right.

Ask Johno/Zenneti(sp) to be sure.

Hmmm ok, ill pm JFSAKL now. cheers

328imobbin What offset should i be looking at? i dont understand offset to well.

depends what look you want to go for, im no expert but i think i et35 with 8.5 would fill the guards nicely

The pic in your avatar. Thats too much sticky outyness for me. I like the rears up inside the guard, no stretched tyres. Whats the difference between 32 and 45? What does ET mean??

ET is the distance in mm the mounting face is from the centreline of the wheel.

45 is approx standard. 35 pushes the wheel further out.

Im not expert either so 328mob could be right.

FWIW I run a 17x8 with a ET35.

Oh and ETs change for any given wheel width.

Edited by westy

43et should sit inside ther guards nicely. a 35ET on an 8.5 rim will rub on the rear guards on an e36. Pm if you would like some tyre pricing, 225/40/18 should be the size tyre you are looking for.

cheers

Johno

i want some cheap standys for the drag day if anyone got some spare

had 215/35's on my 18s and popped tyres every 2 weeks with the crap suspension I had.they were stretched a bit and were Toyo Proxies.

I will listen to what people tell me as Johnno clearly stated not to use them as I would run into problems.And I did.Listen to him.He's a genious.

Yeah they're nice alright.

I say do it.