Sign in to follow this  
madracer

mp3 changer

just bought a alpine mp3 changer, how can i go about conecting it up to the existing wiring, do i need to cut into the wiring or is there a adapter i can buy, if so, where from

cheers

stuart

Might be able to get a alpine > universal adaptor and universal > BMW adaptor from Repco or similar shops.

just bought a alpine mp3 changer, how can i go about conecting it up to the existing wiring, do i need to cut into the wiring or is there a adapter i can buy, if so, where from

If it is the genuine BMW Alpine MP3 changer, it just plugs in.

Anything else will need a protocol converter to change from Alpine CD-changer-control language to BMW CD-changer-control language

its not the bmw alpine player, just a standard alpine unit it, has a single round plug.

where would i be able to get a Alpine CD-changer-control language to BMW CD-changer-control language unit?

or is there a more common name for it

Go to Pauls Audio (30 Fitzgerald Ave), they know everything :).

Edited by ecko_complex

its not the bmw alpine player, just a standard alpine unit it, has a single round plug.

where would i be able to get a Alpine CD-changer-control language to BMW CD-changer-control language unit?

Google "BMW Alpine interface" and you find pages like this one:

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/bavmotworbmw.html

had little luck on this subject. The website jochen recommended seems to be very good but... they dont seem to ship outside the us, has anybody had luck getting around this,

also checked with autosound and pauls audio and they both say that it cant be done....

the items are easy but getting them is not. so next time maybe look at a different player.

regardless of what happens, cheers for all the help given.

Edited by madracer